Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Strange problem with blue doors (... They don't open.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hyphz
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
IP: Logged
icon Strange problem with blue doors (+1)  
Having my first try at building a hold now, and I'm just doing a simple "tutorial" style one - half so that I can remember all the interactions myself :) But I'm having a really strange problem. In spite of me having smited everything on my second level, the blue door never opens. Is there any way to make DROD tell you where the missing monster is in playtest mode?

02-20-2007 at 09:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Strange problem with blue doors (+1)  
hyphz wrote:
Having my first try at building a hold now, and I'm just doing a simple "tutorial" style one - half so that I can remember all the interactions myself :) But I'm having a really strange problem. In spite of me having smited everything on my second level, the blue door never opens. Is there any way to make DROD tell you where the missing monster is in playtest mode?

Check your map for red rooms, and your level for inaccessible rooms.
02-20-2007 at 09:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Also, be sure you exit all your cleared rooms - if all rooms on your minimap are white, but the room you're in is green, you've still got to exit the room before the blue doors will open.

02-20-2007 at 10:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ravon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
Is there a room after the blue door that's marked as required? That could easily be your problem.
02-20-2007 at 10:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Strange problem with blue doors (0)  
What they said. Note, too, that a room without monsters in it can still be "required": until you've walked into it, the blue door won't drop.

Mostly what I want to add is a genuine "thank you": more architects than you might think put forward holds with exactly this kind of problem (undroppable blue doors because, e.g., there's a required room behind them). I'm really pleased to see a novice architect testing his (her?) hold for this sort of thing.
02-20-2007 at 10:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyphz
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
icon Re: Strange problem with blue doors (0)  
Chaco wrote:
Also, be sure you exit all your cleared rooms - if all rooms on your minimap are white, but the room you're in is green, you've still got to exit the room before the blue doors will open.

Ah, you have to exit the room! Hmm, that's why every single hold I've ever seen by people who know far more than I do has had the blue door in a seperate room, then. :blush
02-20-2007 at 11:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Strange problem with blue doors (... They don't open.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com