Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Clocks for Mac (and using the Level Editor)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
noma
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1594
IP: Logged
icon Clocks for Mac (and using the Level Editor) (0)  
I've searched unsuccessfully in all the Mac threads for an answer to this question, so I'm putting it out here. If this is the wrong discussion board, my apologies.

Is it possible on a Mac -- and if so, how -- to replace the current clock with a modified clock, such as Rabscuttle's serpent clock?

I've done a system search for any ".png" files and come up empty. Am I stuck with counting serpent moves in my head?

Thanks for any help.

[Edit: changed thread name to more accurately reflect discussion.]

[Last edited by noma at 02-17-2007 08:51 PM]
02-17-2007 at 05:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: Clocks for Mac (0)  
Another mac user!! :thumbsup :thumbsup

(My apologies, I know nothing about serpent clocks for mac, inspite of using a mac myself.)

02-17-2007 at 07:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
All that makes me wonder - is there still someone out there that actually produces those Mac OS X binaries that can be downloaded on the CaravelGames download page, or does the tooth fairy bring them? :huh

(I mean, that would be the first person I'd expect to be able to answer threads like this...)

np: Fat Jon & Styrofoam - Runnin' Circle (The Same Channel)

02-17-2007 at 07:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noma
Elfstone wrote:
Another mac user!! :thumbsup :thumbsup

(My apologies, I know nothing about serpent clocks for mac, inspite of using a mac myself.)

OFF TOPIC: No apologies necessary: I'm glad you replied, Elfstone. I've been hoping at some point to have a discussion with you about building holds on the Mac. When I go into the editor, I don't see most of the features and buttons to which architects refer. I can add walls, monsters and such, but I can't seem to do anything with them except place them; i.e. no speech, can't change their orientation. Option-clicking, etc. doesn't seem to do anything. I can tell from your wonderful hold "Seasons" that you have mastered building on the Mac. Perhaps you could PM some instructions to me (or point me to directions to instructions on this forum.)

Thanks.
02-17-2007 at 07:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
noma wrote:
. . I can tell from your wonderful hold "Seasons" that you have mastered building on the Mac.
:blush (blushing furiously) I'm very flattered and more than delighted that you like my first real hold, but I certainly would not claim to have "mastered" anything about DROD. I am still feeling my way into all that the editor offers, with the help of the very patient people here.

Perhaps you could PM some instructions to me (or point me to directions to instructions on this forum.)

I'll PM you presently.

02-17-2007 at 08:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Jason has just PM'd me some tips -- orientation and speech questions are answered -- but more advice is welcome.

02-17-2007 at 08:18 PM
Elfstone

File: Editor pics.jpg (83.4 KB)
Downloaded 53 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Clocks for Mac (+1)  
Ah . . .I've just PMd you.
Anyway here is the file I promised. If you have anymore questions PM me and I'll happily give what help I can.

02-17-2007 at 08:31 PM
noma
icon Re: Clocks for Mac (and using the Level Editor) (+1)  
Thanks for all the help.

As I commented above, I have re-named the thread to reflect this discussion and in the interests of helping others who may also have been stumped by the Editor, I'll summarize the advice I received from Jason and Elfstone.

To change orientation of a character/monster: Add a character. Click a sword orientation keys (default is "q" or "w") and then click the character.

To add speech: Add an NPC (the little blue headed person). A window comes up that allows you to customize the character, eg. choosing the graphic (Halph, guard, etc). A checkbox in the lower right corner allows you to make the character visible. At the top right of this window click the button "Add Command" to add speech or other commands.

02-17-2007 at 09:07 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: Clocks for Mac (and using the Level Editor) (+1)  
02-17-2007 at 09:14 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noma
icon Re: Clocks for Mac (and using the Level Editor) (0)  
Thanks coppro.

I forgot to add this link that Jason sent me for more scripting information.
02-17-2007 at 09:20 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
It's actually the same document. It just looks prettier on the site.
02-17-2007 at 09:36 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
But, but! Who says a typewriter font on white isn't pretty?

02-18-2007 at 07:08 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Clocks for Mac (and using the Level Editor)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com