Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Protest next week
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
IP: Logged
icon Protest next week (0)  
On March 15th (next Saturday) there\'s going to be a protest in Washington DC. Is anyone here interested in going?

Anyone who thinks there should be a war should go read this.

[Edited by Malarame on 03-08-2003 at 11:23 PM GMT]

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
03-09-2003 at 04:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hitchhiker
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
icon Re: Protest next week (0)  
If I lived in the US, I\'d go. But alas, I live in old, cruel, medieval Europe.

But that doesn\'t matter...I\'m a close neighbour of two Schurkenstaaten - Germany and France.

Vive la Résistance!

Favourite Level so far: The Labyrinth on Level 13.
03-09-2003 at 09:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
If I had ways and means of getting there I would. Unfortunately, I don\'t have the time either. Play practice and all.

03-09-2003 at 03:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sokko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 336
So this protest is against war, or for it? I\'m guessing against.

My machine translator tells me that \"Schurkenstaaten\" is German for \"Scoundrel countries\". Scoundrel is a very British word. British spellings are cool, like colour and flavour. And the British make a lot more sense in that if a sentence ends with a partial quote, they are smart enough to realize that the sentence-ending punctuation goes OUTSIDE the quotes, U.S. dummy-heads. (Yes, I just insulted my own country; I realize we\'re backwards in many respects. President Bush would be proud.) Do not do it \"like this.\" The smart way goes \"like this\". Have you noticed that I\'ve been gradually slipping away from the actual topic? Insane, I am.

Getting back to the topic (sort of), I wasn\'t aware that Germany and France were scoundrels. I\'m a bit lost as to where other countries stand on this issue.

03-09-2003 at 03:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
icon Re: Re: Protest next week (0)  
Sokko wrote:
So this protest is against war, or for it? I\'m guessing against.

My machine translator tells me that \"Schurkenstaaten\" is German for \"Scoundrel countries\". Scoundrel is a very British word. British spellings are cool, like colour and flavour. And the British make a lot more sense in that if a sentence ends with a partial quote, they are smart enough to realize that the sentence-ending punctuation goes OUTSIDE the quotes, U.S. dummy-heads. (Yes, I just insulted my own country; I realize we\'re backwards in many respects. President Bush would be proud.) Do not do it \"like this.\" The smart way goes \"like this\". Have you noticed that I\'ve been gradually slipping away from the actual topic? Insane, I am.

Getting back to the topic (sort of), I wasn\'t aware that Germany and France were scoundrels. I\'m a bit lost as to where other countries stand on this issue.
The protest certainly is against the war. And as for that quote thing, that\'s always pissed me off too. About where different countries stand, well that really depends on what you define \"country\" as. When you consider the governments alone, some are for and some are against the war. Those whose governments are for it (especially those in the Middle East, such as Turkey) are generally for it because we bribe them. If you consider the people, however, nearly every country is against the war. Great Briton, for example, may officially support us, but the people overwhelmingly are agaisnt any sort of war. Even most people in America don\'t support a unilateral war. I was at the protest in NYC on February 15, and even though the police said under 100,000 people showed up, I can tell you, as someone who was there, that there were at least 500,000. And that was only NYC. Just as an aside, the NYPD did a terrible job during that protest. I don\'t want to even think about some of the things that I saw. I\'m lucky the police didn\'t cripple me for life, because it almost happened. I\'m not totally sure how many people are expected to show up this weekend at Washington, but I wouldn\'t be surprised if the number surpassed the protest on February 15. If anyone is concerned about transport, there are a number of buses going to the protest from all over. If you want more information, go here.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
03-10-2003 at 08:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Protest next week
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com