Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Avatars with Transparent Backgrounds?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Casebier
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 283
IP: Logged
icon Avatars with Transparent Backgrounds? (0)  
Is there something going on with the avatar uploading script? I tried uploaded both a .gif and .png with a transparent bit set, but neither are working correctly.

01-10-2007 at 01:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
IP: Logged
icon Re: Avatars with Transparent Backgrounds? (0)  
I'm going to guess that you uploaded a file that was bigger than the forum allows. The current forum code does not currently preserve transparency when it resizes avatars. So the quick fix is for you to resize the original to fit in 100x75 and re-upload.

Edit: I see in another post of yours that you're using IE. If it's IE6, you'll want to use a gif, as png transparency doesn't work in IE6. Well, it does for simple on/off transparency but not for a full alpha channel. I think.

[Last edited by Schik at 01-10-2007 03:32 AM]
01-10-2007 at 03:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Avatars with Transparent Backgrounds?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com