Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Bug(?) on Good, Bad post karmas.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
IP: Logged
icon Bug(?) on Good, Bad post karmas. (+1)  
After you've spent your last mod point, other posts still display the [Good] [Bad] text in the post. However, the post you just modded, won't allow you to mod it again, becuase you're out of mods. And if you click 'good' or 'bad' after your last mod point has been spent, It was display 'loading', and never stops (no ERROR message). This is not neccesarily a bug, but it is worth pointing out, I think.
01-09-2007 at 11:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
icon Re: Bug(?) on Good, Bad post karmas. (0)  
That's true. When you click a good or bad link, the javascript script adjusts the rating of the post (and the rankpoints / modpoints of the user who made it, and your modpoints), and adjusts the tooltips of the current post (the ones that say how many points you have, and how many it'll cost to mod it again). There is no easy (feasible?) way at all to do this for every post on the current page. However, if you refresh the page, it should be fine, so I don't think it's worth it.

01-10-2007 at 12:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
icon Re: Bug(?) on Good, Bad post karmas. (+1)  
Well, I don't think it's worthwhile to change all the [good]/[bad] links in the page, but it might still be a good idea for the "loading..." message to become something like "insufficient MP".

I'm surprised the forum admins haven't noticed this glitch before, considering how often they run out of points :P.

++Adam H. Peterson
01-10-2007 at 01:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Bug(?) on Good, Bad post karmas. (+2)  
AlefBet wrote:
Well, I don't think it's worthwhile to change all the [good]/[bad] links in the page, but it might still be a good idea for the "loading..." message to become something like "insufficient MP".

And soon your HP will be deleted too...moohahaha.

It would be fun to cast spells with mod points.

01-10-2007 at 01:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
AlefBet wrote:
I was under the impression it was done with AJAX so technically it shouldn't be too hard. Just my opinion :)

[EDIT]

*my* opinion, not *amy*'s.

[Last edited by Syntax at 01-10-2007 03:23 PM]
01-10-2007 at 03:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
icon Re: Bug(?) on Good, Bad post karmas. (+3)  
I've fixed it so that it will tell you you have run out of points. Some day I might make it remove all of the good/bad links, but then someone will point out that they had another window open and it didn't change the links in that window. So maybe I won't bother. :)

01-10-2007 at 03:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Bug(?) on Good, Bad post karmas. (0)  
Schik wrote:
I've fixed it so that it will tell you you have run out of points. Some day I might make it remove all of the good/bad links, but then someone will point out that they had another window open and it didn't change the links in that window. So maybe I won't bother. :)
Wait - there's still people not reading each thread in it's own tab? O:-

np: Autechre Live via XLTronic 28.12.2006

01-10-2007 at 04:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
Briareos wrote:
Wait - there's still people not reading each thread in it's own tab? O:-

Sure. Some people use more than one tab per thread, for those lengthy threads out there. Then, one thread doesn't get its own tab, but a bunch of them!

Oh, you meant the other way around. I actually heard someone claim he *disliked* tabs. I swear, them Luddites. They just don't get how awesome Net 2.0 extreme tabs to surf the information superhighway blogs are.
01-10-2007 at 04:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Bug(?) on Good, Bad post karmas.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com