Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Celebrations (Suggestion for a new board)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pneh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
IP: Logged
icon Celebrations (+3)  
It should be good to have a board where you could write topics for to celebrate things. For example "Happy Hanukkah", "Happy Birthday Pneh!" or "Merry Critmas". You could also celebrate that you have succeed in DROD, example: "Yippiee!! Im on the first high score page!!". So instead of writing this on "Anything", you'll write it on Celebrations.
I think it would be quite good that way.

Den du David!

12-22-2006 at 07:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Celebrations (0)  
The Happy <generic holiday> threads belong in Anything, because no other board would have them. The DROD highscore stuff (and anything else DROD-related) belongs in the General board.

There are too many boards as it is, I think new board should only be added if some of existing ones are removed first. And this just doesn't look good enough to sacrifice one of them for it, sorry.

12-22-2006 at 07:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
I quite like the idea myself, as these messages are probably not of interest to all the users of the forum. I know I wouldn't mind overlooking these threads, most of the time.

Of course, I'm biased: I only browse the forum through the Search function, so I don't mind at all having 374 boards at once. On the contrary, more forums may it easier for me to filter out what I don't want to see (here, I could just write a filter "if it comes from Celebrations, I don't want to see it, either in the Search function itself, or in my browser).
12-22-2006 at 10:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
I really like this idea. I don't know precisely why, and it's hard to justify, but I just have a good feeling about it, and would like to see this on the forum.

12-22-2006 at 01:40 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2460
I don't see why these things can't just be in the Anything forum; but then again, I never read the Anything forum, so for all I know the forum's been overrun by them to the point of unusability.
12-22-2006 at 07:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
Tahnan wrote:
... for all I know the [Anything] forum's been overrun by them to the point of unusability.
The Anything forum was once usable? It sure looked frighteningly chaotic when I arrived.
12-23-2006 at 08:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
People actually read the Anything board?
12-24-2006 at 09:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3260
Banjooie wrote:
People actually read the Anything board?
That coming from a person with three pages of posts on the said board ;)

I read the Anything board, but rarely look at birthday topics nowadays. This would be a handful filter for those. Sometimes that 'new topic for every unknown ~0 post member' thing just gets out of hand. And when the forum gets bigger, there'll be only more and more of those.

Then there's the question of non-birthday content. I don't see much right now. A new board might encourage this, but if not, a board for entirely HBD topics kind of doesn't seem significant enough.
12-24-2006 at 10:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Doom wrote:

I post in it, that doesn't mean I read it. >:
12-24-2006 at 07:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Banjooie wrote:
Doom wrote:
I post in it, that doesn't mean I read it. >:
And that, kids, is why you should never put Mr. Fork into an electrical outlet...

What?

np: Kaito - Life Goes On (Hundred Million Light Years)

12-24-2006 at 11:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Or Miss Spoon. Although harder to do, you still shouldn't.
12-25-2006 at 07:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Both seem unprobable for me. However, I did discover at early age that if you unbend Mr. Paperclip, it's a perfect fit into any standard outlet.

PS: In case you wonder, yes, I got shocked, and yes, the power went out.

12-26-2006 at 11:55 AM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Maurog wrote:
Both seem unprobable for me. However, I did discover at early age that if you unbend Mr. Paperclip, it's a perfect fit into any standard outlet.

PS: In case you wonder, yes, I got shocked, and yes, the power went out.
This explains so many things, not the least of which is your anti-:blowup crusade. Do you feel the smiley's pain?

[Last edited by Jatopian at 12-26-2006 09:14 PM : disabled emoticons]
12-26-2006 at 09:14 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Celebrations (Suggestion for a new board)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com