Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Virtual Life - Server One (Currently Full)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
IP: Logged
icon Virtual Life - Server One (+1)  
Server One
Please check the Virtual Life Discussion Topic to see what this is all about. Also go there if you want to know the rules, or join!

The Money Pot
Click here to view the secret text

World Map

Current Players

The Outpost
The large vale that you live in is swarming with people trying to find their destiny in this world. So meet people, and be trustworthy.

Traveler's™ Wares Store

The Wanderer's Tavern

Gardenville
You walk into Gardenville, a bright town filled with flowers, fufills the name of the town. The people here are busying around with normal lives, and barely take notice of you. You see a few stores, and a nice inn nearby. You might be able to get some rest here. A bird chirps in the distance, and you walk on.

Pet Store

Library

The Inn

Rockthorne
Rockthorne is a mountainside town, fairly small, but lively. The town merely consists of a Officer's Station, a Fish Market, and Apothecary. There are also a couple of stores. You walk in, seeing what your journey has brought you to this time.

The Officer's Station

Fish Market

Apothecary

Armory

The Weaponsmithy

Red Ninja Base
Home to the Red Ninjas, this place is crawling with skilled assassins. You can be one of then if they ask you to join! The huge stone wall looks inpenetrable (spelling ?), but its been hit by many attack by other clans.

Shop

More later on the Red Ninja place. I'm sleepy.

Keep posting,

[Last edited by UrAvgAzn at 01-11-2007 02:25 AM]
12-16-2006 at 09:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
icon Re: Virtual Life - Server One (0)  
A new server, a new day! Here we go!

Tokyokid
You reach the outer wall of the Red Ninja Base. They let you in, but there is currently only a shop. It will grow though. Do you wish to enter the shop?

Okay then.

Drgamer
You begin your walk to the Library. You don't encounter anything on the way there. You reach the library, and there are 6 aisles. Which one do you wish to search?

Three people at once! Wow.

Jason, TripleM, and Lst6
TripleM: You do all of this, and you crouch down. The door hinge squeaks, and you see the door opening. You crouch down further, now on all fours, and you close your eyes. The lever pulls, and the second door opens. That was great! And you see Jason and Lst6 coming in through the door.
Jason: You walk into the station, sword handy, and you see TripleM hiding behind a chair. You see that you opening the door caused a lever to pull, and you see a door slide open. Things officers do these days to lock doors. You greet TripleM. What do you do next?
Lst6: You follow Jason into the Station. TripleM is crouching behind a chair. You see he is wounded. You use some magic to heal him, and he thanks you. What do you do next?

Here we go, guys!

Syntax and Jamesdenem
Both: You walk to the pet store, humming a tune that you quite can't remember the name of. Oh well, its a nice day. You walk into the capacious Pet Store, and the storekeeper asks your business. You ask for a job. He gives you a job, and Syntax is to gather red flowers from the gardens outside of town, while Jamesdenem has to watch the pets in the Cat Room. Seems easy. The storekeeper will give you your wages when you are done with the chores. If you want a job after you are done with that, just ask him for a job.

Ezlo
You run into the Officer's Station, and see TripleM, Lst6, and Jason sitting. You greet them, and ask how you can be of assistance. TripleM should answer that.

Keep posting,

[Last edited by UrAvgAzn at 12-16-2006 09:32 PM]
12-16-2006 at 09:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jamesdenem
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 203
I enter the Cat Room to watch the pets that are there until the store owner tells me I don't have to any more. Assuming that there are cats in the Cat Room, I try to keep them content while I watch them.

This signature intenionally left blank. Disregard any text you may find here, because it is probably just your imagination, and not a signature in any way. We mean it, don't believe that there is text here.
12-16-2006 at 09:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tokyokid
Rank Points: 453
I look around the shop, but I don't see anything. I decide to ask around to see if anyone knows how to get any copper around here.
12-16-2006 at 11:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
So, James, tell me. Do you think this was a good idea to have multiple servers?

Jasmesdenem
You enter the Cat Room. Well, not what you expected. Instead of the house cats that you expected, you see a couple of Tigers with their young in one corner, a few bobcats, and many other wildcats. Looks like this will be hard. You see a tiger and a leopard getting into a fight at the middle of the room. You should break them up. How will you do this?

What do you think about the new servers idea, Tom?

Tokyokid
You browse the shops wares, but see nothing of interest. But to be a real RN, you need to buy some gear that distinguishes you from the common wanderer. You see an experienced member walking by, and he tells you to get something that shows your rank. He gives you a White Belt. The full belt cycle is White, High White, Yellow, High Yellow, Orange, High Orange, Green, High Green, Blue, High Blue, Purple, High Purple, Red, High Red, Brown, High Brown, Junior Black, and Black. This man you are talking with is a 4th Degree High Red Belt. You need 5 Degrees to test for the next belt.
You thank him for the White Belt, and another man walks by as he leaves. He is a 1st Degree Junior Black Belt and he asks for your assistance in a quest. It is to mine 3 iron ores or get them from someone. Do you accept?

Keep posting,

[Last edited by UrAvgAzn at 12-16-2006 11:27 PM]
12-16-2006 at 11:22 PM
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
I'll go through the second door.
12-16-2006 at 11:25 PM
UrAvgAzn
Here we go!

TripleM
You go through the second door. Your friends follow, and you see the Riddlemaster, a spirit who asks riddles. You see 3 scrolls behind him. He says, "Answer my riddle, and I will let you pass. Answer me wrong, and I'll kill you. You may interact with you friends to get the answer if you wish. If you accept, I will give you the riddle. Do you accept?"

Keep posting,

12-16-2006 at 11:30 PM
TripleM
Ooh boy, I love riddles. With two (three!) other people to help, we can't go wrong. Fire away.

[Last edited by TripleM at 12-16-2006 11:37 PM]
12-16-2006 at 11:31 PM
tokyokid
I accept the quest. I like the idea too, this way more people can join! :)
12-16-2006 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Ezlo shakes his head for a moment, why oh why did he just start a normal conversation! He has important news to discuss! "Which one of you is the Mayor? Quick!"
12-17-2006 at 01:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lst6
Rank Points: 211
Sorry for the late answer, but I was some days away. I accept the quest with TripleM, this might be fun!

Things related to the Bar:

Working on: NOTHING
Accomplishments i'm proud of:
-Solving the bar riddle
12-17-2006 at 11:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
I accept it too!

12-17-2006 at 12:06 PM
jamesdenem
I first check around the room to see if there is any kind of meat that is used to feed the wildcats. If I find any, I take some of it and use it to break up the fight. If there is no meat around, then I look for any other kind of treat that they would like and use that to placate them.

If nothing is available, then I look for a whip and use it to herd the cats back to their pens, if they have any. If there is nothing but wildcats in the room, then I bravely step between the two cats and try to calm them down by staring into their eyes while protecting myself so I don't get hurt. Once they get calmed down, I carefully groom them.

This signature intenionally left blank. Disregard any text you may find here, because it is probably just your imagination, and not a signature in any way. We mean it, don't believe that there is text here.
12-17-2006 at 08:14 PM
Drgamer
Rank Points: 113
I search the third Aisle.

Sorry about not being able to check for a few days... I do like the seperate 'server' idea.
12-17-2006 at 09:44 PM
UrAvgAzn
Here we go! Sorry I'm not that active anymore, I'll try to keep up.

Tokyokid
You accept the quest and walk out of the enormous keep. On your way out, you see a new posting on the news bulletin. 'Expansion coming soon'. You walk out of the castle with thoughts of nice new buildings in mind. That will be awesome. Where do you wish to search for your iron ore?

Here we go, Ez!

Ezlo
You burst out of the door, and you see the mayor (how coincidental) taking his afternoon stride. Do you wish to speak to him?

Syntax? Where are you?

Jamesdenem and Syntax
You see some meat in a bucket at the shelf. You get enough for both of them, and you break up the fight. Now you see that all the others are very hungry, and they start coming at you. A smaller wildcat even tries to claw itself up onto the shelf. You take him down, and you get some meat for all of them. But soon they are fighting over shares. What do you wish to do?

Here we go!

TripleM, Lst6, and Tokyokid
He finally, after a few minutes of pondering, he speaks. 'I lied. I have decided to give you three riddles. But if you get one wrong, I will not kill you. I will simply not let you past. Here are the riddles:
Riddle One:
It occurs once in every minute
Twice in every moment
And yet never in one hundred thousand years.
Riddle Two:
There is a seven-letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters." What is the word?
Riddle Three:
Name two words that use the six vowels (A, E, I, O, U, and Y) in their alphabetical order. They must actually be words.

There are your three riddles. You may divide up the question answering in any way of your choice. Good luck.

Drgamer
You search the third aisle. There are many books, but these titles appear the most interesting, "Ye Art Of Summoning", "Gardening Forever II", "Painting Second Edition", and "A Walk in a Soldier's Steps". Choose one of these, or search more?

Keep donating to that money pot, guys!

Keep posting,

[Last edited by UrAvgAzn at 12-25-2006 03:15 AM]
12-25-2006 at 03:13 AM
TripleM
I turn to my friends (not addressing the question asker yet) and say:
The first one looks like the letter 'M', and for the last one 'facetiously' and 'abstemiously' work. Not sure about the middle one yet.

[Last edited by TripleM at 12-25-2006 03:52 AM]
12-25-2006 at 03:37 AM
Ezlo
"Mr. Mayor!! I have important news!! I was spying in on a group of wandering bandits, and I saw that your dog was tied up amongst them! He's been kidnapped! I mean dagnapped! This is terrible! What can we do? What can we do?!"

Ezlo runs in circles around the mayor, holding his hands above his head and screaming at the top of his lungs.
12-25-2006 at 04:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
tokyokid
I head towards the Dark Mountians in search of the iron ore.
12-25-2006 at 10:35 PM
Jason
TripleM wrote:
I turn to my friends (not addressing the question asker yet) and say:
The first one looks like the letter 'M', and for the last one 'facetiously' and 'abstemiously' work. Not sure about the middle one yet.

The middle one is: "therein". The words it contains are: the, there, he, in, rein, her, here, ere, therein, herein.

I turn to the question asker and tell him the answers.

12-25-2006 at 11:08 PM
Lst6
Rank Points: 211
wow, that was quick, I didn't have time to connect till now and I see I missed all the riddles. At least I knew the answer to the first one anyway.

Things related to the Bar:

Working on: NOTHING
Accomplishments i'm proud of:
-Solving the bar riddle
12-26-2006 at 10:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jamesdenem
I first check to make sure there is some fair way to give each wildcat its fair share of meat. If not, I split the meat up in as fair a way as I can and look around the room for a musical instrument. I also look for anything that can be used for the wildcats to use as toys.

If I find a musical instrument, and assuming it is one I know how to play, I play it to soothe the wildcats. If I find any toys for the wildcats, I use them to soothe the wildcats.

(Out of game: This is pretty fun, and the two servers are a good idea. If you find yourself having a tough time with the typing, you could always find someone else to help you with one of the servers.)

12-26-2006 at 05:19 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Sorry about the delay. Been "away" for a while.

I head out of town in search of some red flowers (roses?). I make sure I only pick the most scented ones of the lot.
12-27-2006 at 04:43 PM
UrAvgAzn
Here we go!

TripleM, Lst6, and Jason
Jason tells the riddle ghost the answers. He nods, and evaporates. Looks like you can cross to the next room now! You try to open the door, but it won't budge. You knew this would be too easy. The three scrolls are still lying there on the table, waiting to be read. But you must find a key to open the door, and then you-- Alas! There is no keyhole! It looks like you are going to have to bash down the door somehow. What do you wish to do?

Great to have you back, Syntax!

Jamesdenem and Syntax
Jamesdenem - You give all the animals their fair share of meat, and you pick up a flute at the corner of the room. You try to blow across the lip plate, but only emit a loud screeching sound. The cats growl, and you hastily put down the flute. That didn't work out... You open a cabinet named toys, and you pull out a chew toy, a tug rope, and a ball of yarn. Sure, they're playing now, but you know they will soon be fighting over them.

Syntax - You pick up some very nicely scented, bright red flowers. You bring them to the storekeeper, and he jumps back in fright! Looks like you got some poisonous flowers. Although you aren't affected that much, your hands are turning green. He tells you to go get some medicine. 'Use some of those healing berries you got, boy! And I hear the innkeeper is very good with healing poison! Hurry along, now!

I like how your doing this, Ezlo. Keep it up.

Ezlo
You frantically run in circles around the short mayor, and he says, 'Calm down, my boy, calm down. What do you wish to tell me? You (not very calmly, I might add) tell him what you saw was done to his dog. He says, 'I have a dog? Oh yes, Pooch. Well, I'll have the guards chase down the bandits. Can you tell me where you saw them?' You tell him the location, and he thanks you and gives you 50 copper for your trouble. Not bad. Where do you wish to go now?

Here we go, Tom!

Tokyokid
The Dark Mountains is a little far away, don't you think? You hear there is a nice mining area a little to the north. Do you wish to go there? A dwarf merchant is walking by, and you stop him and ask how much a pickaxe is. He gruffly says, 'Well. Lucky you are, we just restocked on the finest pickaxes in the vale. 50 copper takes one. Will you buy it?'

Keep posting,

[Last edited by UrAvgAzn at 12-28-2006 05:15 PM : I'm so smart, I broke 2 color tags and didn't see what was wrong when I fixed the first one.]
12-28-2006 at 05:13 PM
Ezlo
Ezlo thinks for a moment on what he wants to do next. He could look for a job... Nah, too boring. He could wander around to the Library... Nah, he didn't want to go there yet. He could follow the soldiers and help out killing the bandits! There we go! Excellent idea! He goes off to find the guard.
12-28-2006 at 05:32 PM
Jason
I read all three scrolls and try to find clues about what might open the door.

12-28-2006 at 05:35 PM
jamesdenem
I look around for any milk I could give to the wildcats. I give each cat enough to soothe it if I find any. If there is no milk, I head to the door and call the owner to ask for some ideas of how to keep the cats from fighting.

If he is not available, then I place the most tired looking cats in their sleeping area. I look around the room for anything I could use to keep the more active cats from fighting.

12-28-2006 at 06:10 PM
tokyokid
I'll go there and I'll purchase the axe. I thank the dwarf, and I'm on my way...
12-28-2006 at 11:26 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
I rub one of the healing berries on my hands and if that doesn't work, I eat it. If my hands are still green, I head towards the inn.

Good to be back. Thanks :)
12-29-2006 at 04:28 PM
Drgamer
Rank Points: 113
I read 'A Walk in a Soldier's Steps'.
12-30-2006 at 09:30 PM
TripleM
Looks like Jason has the same idea as me.
(Hopefully there'll be something to split us up soon ;))
12-30-2006 at 10:34 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Virtual Life - Server One (Currently Full)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com