Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : What exactly is this game like?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon What exactly is this game like? (0)  
Before I try and download it, I want to know what it is like. I've just randomly looked at some posts and it appears to me that this game sounds surprisingly similar to DROD (which up until now I thought of as a unique game). I'm hearing of levels as well as that "Once North" stuff to tell the rooms apart. I also heard about roaches, and that's where I started thinking this is too much like DROD.
Hmm . . . I'm not so keen on the idea of a DROD clone, especially not one on the same website as DROD itself.
Pac-man clones are okay. Boulder Dash clones are okay. Mario Party clones are okay. DROD clones . . . don't make sense to me.

Can someone set me straight, here? Well, here's some specific questions, for those people who find it too hard to just openly explain stuff:

Is it turn-based or real-time?
What is the objective?
Is there a level editor? (I live for those)

12-04-2006 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sergenth
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 296
icon Re: What exactly is this game like? (+1)  
It is turn based.

The objective is to clear out all rooms and reach the exit.

No "Official" level editor yet, but there is a workable one that's made available to the dedicated and perservering.

It's DROD with waypoint-swappable player characters, each with unique abilities. It's really good! The gameplay and puzzles are expertly designed and it will satisfy your Drodly desires.

[Last edited by Sergenth at 12-04-2006 11:26 PM]
12-04-2006 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: What exactly is this game like? (+1)  
It also includes pressure plates, new types of monsters, pushable boxes, lasers, toggable force arrows, and hints of more cool stuff yet to come. Rather bland in the way of artwork though. You get the same forest and water plus a bit of lava here and there all the way up to level 12, then you get one level thats different and back to forest again.
12-04-2006 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
icon Re: What exactly is this game like? (0)  
Ezlo wrote:
..and hints of more cool stuff yet to come.

OK, one more thing: In the new version you'll be able to create your own artwork!

Click here to view the secret text

12-05-2006 at 12:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : What exactly is this game like?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com