Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Master Orion: Level 2, Twice east
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
amb
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
IP: Logged
icon Master Orion: Level 2, Twice east (0)  
Hi all - I have completed all of level 2 save for this one screen. Its shaped like a spiral. I see the sheer size of it and think - Ow I cant be bothered especially as if I make a mistake I end up with more 'slaters' that I can be bothered dealing with. Is there a simple knack to this so I can get past it or am I going to have to grit my teeth and blow myself up in frustration...

Also I see in the top right of this level's maps is a chalice and a path that can be hacked. It's right on the right of the screen and I can't see any possible way of getting to it - short of having to return from a future level... Any hints?
11-22-2006 at 06:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Niccus
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 308
icon Re: Master Orion: Level 2, Twice east (0)  
Frustration? Not that much. Just step onto the sheds often if you must -- They're checkpoints; if you die, you'll restart from the last shed you visited.

For the secret place...
Click here to view the secret text

11-22-2006 at 07:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
amb
OH NO! I rain the dude with the arrow in through the path of the secret room having hacked it free with the sword. Ran him around by the big smiley face and then tried to leave!

Oh no! It autosaved :( Now im either stuck in the secret room forever or I have solve my way from the start of level 2 entirely.... and I had everything complete but the spiral.... :(
11-22-2006 at 07:38 AM
Niccus
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 308
Go to the main menu, click "Restore"

Hopefully, it's fairly self-explanatory from there... (Though do click around the map first before actually restoring)

...And googa will note that, hopefully :P (though I don't think there's any easy fix -- generally though, use Jax to enter secret-path secrets even if other characters battle better)

[Last edited by Niccus at 11-22-2006 07:45 AM]
11-22-2006 at 07:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
amb
[IMG http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/ambic/OhCrud.jpg[/IMG]

I guess it needs a sword in the secret room to save people like me.... Is there anyway I can edit the file to save me?

[edit - I see someone has given me a chance... lets see]
11-22-2006 at 07:47 AM
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
Niccus wrote:
...And googa will note that, hopefully :P (though I don't think there's any easy fix -- generally though, use Jax to enter secret-path secrets even if other characters battle better)

Yep, I was also thinking I would be hard to fix. Maybe an ugly Arrow pointing north, in the middle of the secret path. But amb gave us a good idea: a Jax icon in the secret room, hehe.

Just a side note: Jax has got a second weapon in the version I'm currently working, which will make him much more powerful when fighting.
11-22-2006 at 04:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
amb
Thats cool - I havent managed that room yet. But honestly its my impatience rather than the puzzle ;)

I will wait on the new weapon :) or wait till I have some holiday time to spend gaming.

Incidentally I have programmed my own similar type of game (more rewarding). I worked in laser beams and prisms that bend lasers around. Is there a similar thing in this game? (The lasers are persistent. Ill post a screen shot of my game later if I get chance)
11-27-2006 at 06:22 AM
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
Actually, Yes! You will find lasers later in the game, with plenty of ways to bend them.
11-27-2006 at 01:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Master Orion: Level 2, Twice east
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com