Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Rooted down spot (nothing to do with the rooted hold..)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jason
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1076
IP: Logged
icon Rooted down spot (0)  
I would like a rooted floor thing except whatever is on the rooted spot may not move in any direction. Pretty simple to add (I would think!) and much potiential.

10-19-2006 at 06:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Rooted down spot (0)  
True, but it can be simulated/approximated in a number of ways using elements already implemented (orthogonal squares with only diagonal exits, arrows all pointing inward etc). While I realize that these are not exactly the same behavior, the new element won't add all that much to the game. (This has been suggested before, I'm sure)

10-19-2006 at 06:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
It was suggesed here but no one opposed it and I am going to ask for it again.

10-19-2006 at 06:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
There is no need to ask twice. In general if something has been suggested it's been rejected by Mike, or Mike thinks it's a good idea but it's not a priority, or it is a priority and it'll go into the next version. You don't need to re-ask, because it won't change his mind unless you bring something new to the table.

How are you supposed to get out of being rooted to the spot?

10-25-2006 at 06:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
Well... I wasn't thinking of something you could get out of. But maybe there could be a pressure-plate the when you or some monster steped on it, the rooted spot would open for as long as you or the monster were on it. That would have a lot of puzzle potential also...

10-25-2006 at 09:04 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Rooted down spot (+1)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
There is no need to ask twice. In general if something has been suggested it's been rejected by Mike, or Mike thinks it's a good idea but it's not a priority, or it is a priority and it'll go into the next version. You don't need to re-ask, because it won't change his mind unless you bring something new to the table.

I don't see Mike saying any of those things on the original suggestion, though.

I'm not in favor of people opening new threads for old features, but that's mostly because there's a perfectly good thread out there for it anyway, and it's a bit annoying to have to respond to stuff I already responded to. But unless Mike explicitly stated an opinion, it's common courtesy to him not to speak on his behalf.

10-25-2006 at 11:57 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Well, Mike only ever seems to say anything if he can guarantee he's capable of delivering. It's a good policy, and so I assume it's a deliberate decision.

I probably got a little carried away with explaining that just because no-one 'official' replies doesn't mean that no-one official saw it, though. So sorry to Mike for putting words in his mouth in that case.

10-27-2006 at 08:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Rooted down spot (nothing to do with the rooted hold..)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com