Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : A Collection of Constant Room Templates : Dejavu : 1 South, 3 West (Way overwhelmed)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
omgitsgir
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon A Collection of Constant Room Templates : Dejavu : 1 South, 3 West (0)  
I'm having a great amount of trouble dealing with the massive onslaught of roaches in this room. Then again, I've never been all that good at getting rid of large amounts of roach queens.

Anyway, after moving around a bit in the room, a few of the roaches seem to settle in the numbered places in the following map.

I always immediately go for the queen at 1, then 2, but then I'm stumped. If I go for the queen at 3, I get killed whether I go left to finish off the top of the maze or I go down and try to resolve the middle of the maze.

If I go for the queens at 4, 5, and 6, I hit the ones at 5 and 6, and the queen at 4 runs away and then spawns soon after.

I'm sure I'm using the most efficient way to start this thing off, but after that it just becomes ridiculous. Any pro tips?

10-15-2006 at 08:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ChrisB
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 58
icon Re: A Collection of Constant Room Templates : Dejavu : 1 South, 3 West (0)  
omgitsgir wrote:
I'm having a great amount of trouble dealing with the massive onslaught of roaches in this room. Then again, I've never been all that good at getting rid of large amounts of roach queens.

Anyway, after moving around a bit in the room, a few of the roaches seem to settle in the numbered places in the following map.

I always immediately go for the queen at 1, then 2, but then I'm stumped. If I go for the queen at 3, I get killed whether I go left to finish off the top of the maze or I go down and try to resolve the middle of the maze.

If I go for the queens at 4, 5, and 6, I hit the ones at 5 and 6, and the queen at 4 runs away and then spawns soon after.

I'm sure I'm using the most efficient way to start this thing off, but after that it just becomes ridiculous. Any pro tips?

Yes you are right with the first two queens, but the others numbered will be among the last to perish.
Click here to view the secret text
Best demos are under 500 moves, though my first attempt was over 1300.

Will post demo if needed.

Cheers
Chris

10-15-2006 at 03:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
omgitsgir
Thank you very much, your method worked excellently!

When in doubt, try the counterintuitive, right?

10-16-2006 at 03:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
omgitsgir
Blast! Foiled again!

I thought I had it, but apparently I'm still missing something. Your opening helped bring the roach count down significantly, but after I get rid of the queen at 1, I have yet another difficult choice.

I could either take the bottom route, which is safer because it's behind arrows, or I could take out the roach queen at 2 quickly and get stuck staving off a horde of babies. I'm guessing that the bottom is the way to go, but my gut's been wrong so far.

Sorry to be such a bother :(

10-18-2006 at 08:58 AM
ChrisB
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 58
omgitsgir wrote:
Blast! Foiled again!

I thought I had it, but apparently I'm still missing something. Your opening helped bring the roach count down significantly, but after I get rid of the queen at 1, I have yet another difficult choice.

I could either take the bottom route, which is safer because it's behind arrows, or I could take out the roach queen at 2 quickly and get stuck staving off a horde of babies. I'm guessing that the bottom is the way to go, but my gut's been wrong so far.

Sorry to be such a bother :(

What goes up must come down!

Hope it helps.

Chris

10-18-2006 at 05:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
dart193
Can someone post a demo? I kill ... sixth roachqueen, but roaches kill me :~(
02-02-2009 at 09:50 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : A Collection of Constant Room Templates : Dejavu : 1 South, 3 West (Way overwhelmed)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com