Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Board sometimes forgets my password when posting.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
IP: Logged
icon Board sometimes forgets my password when posting. (0)  
I'm shown as logged in on the front page, and my nym is automatically entered when I make a post, but the password is sometimes missing. I keep the cookie set by Caravelnet, so why does the password go missing?
10-10-2006 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
icon Re: Board sometimes forgets my password when posting. (0)  
I've noticed this happening sometimes if I accidentally use the browser's back button when previewing a post. If that's what causing the problem for you, I don't know if there's much to do about it, since I think the clearing of the password field is a security measure of the browser, and not any bug in the forum code. It might be possible to get around it with some javascript to get the cookies on page display or something, but I'm not sure.

~ Gerry
10-11-2006 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
trick wrote:
I've noticed this happening sometimes if I accidentally use the browser's back button when previewing a post. If that's what causing the problem for you, I don't know if there's much to do about it, since I think the clearing of the password field is a security measure of the browser, and not any bug in the forum code. It might be possible to get around it with some javascript to get the cookies on page display or something, but I'm not sure.

~ Gerry
I have used the back button multiple times when posting something, but never have I lost my password.(infact, I just did it now)
10-12-2006 at 01:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
NiroZ wrote:
trick wrote:

~ Gerry
I have used the back button multiple times when posting something, but never have I lost my password.(infact, I just did it now)
I've had the password loss happen to me before, although I find it to be very rare.

As the data for your login is probably stored in a cookie on your computer somewhere, it could be possible that your computer needs to transmit the cookie's data to the Forum in order for the Forum to know that it is you who is browsing. So, maybe if the cookie transmission is interrupted or scrambled in some way, the Forum won't recognise you, and cause your password not to be automatically entered.

10-12-2006 at 12:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Board sometimes forgets my password when posting.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com