Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Smoother Entrances for Characters? (Maybe a new scripting command?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Smoother Entrances for Characters? (0)  
It slightly bothers me that if you want a character to appear from off in the room to the north, all you can do is make it appear at the north edge. Is there anyway to create a new scripting command that makes it so the character slides on like Beethro? Any at all? Maybe? Sorta? If you ever have time for maybe the fifth release or something?
09-28-2006 at 07:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Smoother Entrances for Characters? (0)  
09-29-2006 at 01:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Jatopian wrote:
Why?
Looks better, why else?
09-29-2006 at 03:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Yeah, that's about it. :lol

It's just something I wanted off my chest really, ideas start festering in my head if I don't let them out.
09-29-2006 at 04:01 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Ezlo wrote:
Yeah, that's about it. :lol

It's just something I wanted off my chest really, ideas start festering in my head if I don't let them out.

I think the best corse of action would be to post them all in one giant heap(if you must) thus hopefully people can ignore the bad and comment on the good.
09-29-2006 at 04:16 AM
Niccus
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 308
Well, right now, the Slayer just pops up at the edge.

If he doesn't walk into the rooms, I don't know what would.

Also note that this is strictly aesthetic and painfully minor :|

O:-
09-29-2006 at 07:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Niccus wrote:
Also note that this is strictly aesthetic and painfully minor.

Based on the original post, I think Ezlo's quite aware of that, in fact. I agree, it'd be nice, though of course I also agree it's hardly a priority.
09-29-2006 at 09:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Well, okay, now let's say your wish has been granted, and the slayer walks in smoothly.

But now his hook appears out of nowhere :)

And of course, to solve that, we'll have to move his hook smoothly as well...

Well, I don't see that happening, as it means the hook has to be in the room a turn earlier. That would break lots of JtRH rooms.

09-29-2006 at 11:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Eh, your right. Didn't think it through all the way.

EDIT: Actually! You can have it all slide on at once and hope no one notices! :P

[Last edited by Ezlo at 09-29-2006 11:37 PM]
09-29-2006 at 11:36 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Smoother Entrances for Characters? (Maybe a new scripting command?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com