Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Highscores #1 history (Beta over. We'll call this *done*.)
Page 3 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
IP: Logged
icon Re: Highscores #1 history (0)  
So am I the only one for which none of this works? It's the same with the #1 History for a room, and the green arrows that are supposed to display all the scores for that room. In each case, I click on it, and wait, and wait, and wait and nothing changes. I have tried many rooms within many holds and none of them do anything. Since it probably matters, I am using IE 6.

Edit: Sorry, I guess they're yellow arrows, not green.

[Last edited by Kevin_P86 at 10-02-2006 10:48 PM]
10-02-2006 at 10:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
Kevin_P86 wrote:
So am I the only one for which none of this works? It's the same with the #1 History for a room, and the green arrows that are supposed to display all the scores for that room. In each case, I click on it, and wait, and wait, and wait and nothing changes. I have tried many rooms within many holds and none of them do anything. Since it probably matters, I am using IE 6.

Do you have JavaScript turned off?

10-03-2006 at 01:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
Okay, the next iteration is now up.

The My-used-to-be-#1 scores list should now *not* display scores that you've regained, or multiple rows for a single room, in cases where the #1 has gone back and forth between you and another player.

There's also a new table on the #1 tab, showing rooms that have had the most #1 changes. At some point I need to make it so you can click the # of changes and it will show them to you, I haven't done that yet.

10-03-2006 at 04:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Schik wrote:
Okay, the next iteration is now up.

The My-used-to-be-#1 scores list should now *not* display scores that you've regained, or multiple rows for a single room, in cases where the #1 has gone back and forth between you and another player.

There's also a new table on the #1 tab, showing rooms that have had the most #1 changes. At some point I need to make it so you can click the # of changes and it will show them to you, I haven't done that yet.
The enternce to Ice Island is still saying that I was beated by myself.
10-03-2006 at 04:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Schik wrote:
Kevin_P86 wrote:

Do you have JavaScript turned off?
No - things like modding work as expected. I get the [Loading...] message, then the new message rating and the thinks to mod up or down reappear. These are the only things that have never worked for me.

10-03-2006 at 04:33 AM
Schik
icon Re: Highscores #1 history (+1)  
NiroZ wrote:
The enternce to Ice Island is still saying that I was beated by myself.
This should be fixed now.

10-03-2006 at 04:40 AM
Dolan42
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 195
The entrance to Seasons: Spring has me as the current leader in the #1 history, but it has 139 moves listed instead of my current 130. I did upload a demo with 139 moves(along with 136,131 and 130).

10-03-2006 at 06:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
I think you just have to wait for the spider to verify it before it goes into the history.
10-03-2006 at 08:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dolan42
I waited for the spider, in fact it still shows me at 139 in the #1 list. It now shows you ahead of me *sigh* but it should show 130 for my score.

edit: I've thought about it more, and I suppose the first score that beat the previous one could be listed although that does make it look a bit weird when someone beats their own #1 before anyone else does since the move count for the #1 list doesn't match the #1 for the room.

[Last edited by Dolan42 at 10-03-2006 08:50 AM]
10-03-2006 at 08:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Dolan42 wrote:
I waited for the spider, in fact it still shows me at 139 in the #1 list. It now shows you ahead of me *sigh* but it should show 130 for my score.
Yeah, there was a bug. I've fixed it now, but it's a bit too late to retrieve your 130 for that room. Could you watch for this same thing happening in the future?

I think that the #1 history should show the same person multiple times in a row, if that happened. The list of lost #1s, however, shouldn't show you beating yourself over and over.

10-04-2006 at 03:21 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Schik wrote:
The list of lost #1s, however, shouldn't show you beating yourself over and over.

I hope not! I don't want anything to show me beating mys--no, no, too easy, sorry.
10-04-2006 at 03:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
What should happen when a hold is updated? The history for Lone Soldier: Prison: 2N1W still has the old history.

Can the updater tell if an individual room has changed? Changed rooms should probably have their histories scrapped, but I wouldn't want to lose the histories from rooms that are the same.

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 10-04-2006 04:54 AM]
10-04-2006 at 04:54 AM
Schik
Rabscuttle wrote:
What should happen when a hold is updated? The history for Lone Soldier: Prison: 2N1W still has the old history.

Can the updater tell if an individual room has changed? Changed rooms should probably have their histories scrapped, but I wouldn't want to lose the histories from rooms that are the same.
The updater doesn't look at individual room changes right now, but some changes I'll be making in the near future will need that kind of functionality. I'll need to figure out exactly how to handle #1 history for changed rooms... :?

10-04-2006 at 10:49 PM
Dolan42
I found a problem with My Used-to-be-#1s for Seasons: Summer 1 South 2 West and 1 North 2 West. The problem is that they are there at all, I currently have the #1 for both of them. They were both tied by fratropa who used to have them, and it still has fratropea as the person in the Beaten By field.

Edit: Well, both rooms have been rebeaten so the list is normal.

Edit again: Also the links to the levels and holds on the Rooms with most #1 changes list don't seem to work.

There is also potential abuse of this list. If I find a solution that would beat the current by say 20 moves, I could submit a demo waiting at the end for 19 turns, then for 18 and so on to inflate the number of #1 changes. I don't know why I would, but I could.

Edit again again: The links seem to only be bad after clicking a sort option. After sorting the links drop the forum.caravelgames.com/ and show as "http://highscores.php/?action=levelscores&id=476" for example. This also happens for the My Used-to-be-#1s list.

[Last edited by Dolan42 at 10-07-2006 07:35 AM]
10-06-2006 at 09:34 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Dolan42 wrote something very similar to this: There is also potential abuse of this list. If I find a solution that would beat the current by say 20 moves, I could submit a demo waiting at the end for 19 turns, then for 18 and so on to inflate the number of #1 changes. I don't know why I would, but I could.

I don't believe this will be an issue. It would take a long time and the benefits outweigh the rationale and reasoning.
10-07-2006 at 10:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Syntax wrote:
Dolan42 wrote something very similar to this: There is also potential abuse of this list. If I find a solution that would beat the current by say 20 moves, I could submit a demo waiting at the end for 19 turns, then for 18 and so on to inflate the number of #1 changes. I don't know why I would, but I could.

I don't believe this will be an issue. It would take a long time and the benefits outweigh the rationale and reasoning.
Besides, that person risks having the highscore stolen off him/her as he does this sneaky thing, which isn't really gaining much.
10-07-2006 at 04:09 PM
Dolan42

File: error.jpg (22.6 KB)
Downloaded 58 times.
License: Public Domain
OK, it happened again. I've attached a screenshot this time.

10-07-2006 at 11:31 PM
Schik
Dolan42 wrote:
OK, it happened again. I've attached a screenshot this time.
Dolan42, do you still see on the highscores page what is in this screenshot? If not, it might simply be that the different pages can be unsynchronized for a bit while scores are being validated. If it still looks like the screenshot, let me know and I will look into it further.

10-09-2006 at 05:25 AM
Dolan42
It seems to be fixed now. It did look like the screenshot for several hours before it went away.

10-09-2006 at 05:40 AM
Dolan42

File: again.jpg (23.2 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
And it's back. New screenshot attached.

10-10-2006 at 01:16 AM
Rabscuttle

File: excitement.JPG (27.6 KB)
Downloaded 288 times.
This is pretty cool
:)
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 10-10-2006 05:27 AM]
10-10-2006 at 05:23 AM
Dolan42
Rabscuttle wrote:
This is pretty cool
:)

Good, keep each other busy and away from my scores. ;)

[Last edited by Dolan42 at 10-10-2006 05:58 AM]
10-10-2006 at 05:58 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
I just noticed that there's some inconsistent behavior. When a first place score is lost, and before it is verified, it is taken away from the total # of #1 scores, and from the "My Scores" tab, but it is not yet on the #1 scores tab.

Also, #1 history doesn't seem to work for me. It used to, but now it doesn't. There is an "Error on page" when I attempt to see the history.

Edit: Oddly enough, Syntax's demo was rejected, so I got the score back. This may have effected what I observed.

[Last edited by zex20913 at 10-11-2006 02:21 PM]
10-11-2006 at 02:19 PM
Syntax
Yeah I just noticed that.

I grabbed "Death Punishment" and "The Stairs of Time" (bBoth from The Murder Mystery) from you by 2 moves each, but it seems the spider wasn't happy about that for some reason :/

[EDIT]

Me kicks off a full score upload just in case that fixes it...

[Last edited by Syntax at 10-11-2006 02:37 PM]
10-11-2006 at 02:36 PM
Schik
icon Re: Highscores #1 history (+2)  
Syntax wrote:
Yeah I just noticed that.

I grabbed "Death Punishment" and "The Stairs of Time" (bBoth from The Murder Mystery) from you by 2 moves each, but it seems the spider wasn't happy about that for some reason :/
It's because you exited on stairs. Mike has made a fix for this, and sometime tonight, I'll update the spider with his new code. Until then, the spider is offline.

10-11-2006 at 07:43 PM
Syntax
Cheers! It looks to have worked :)
10-12-2006 at 07:16 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Yeah...it does. :~(

10-12-2006 at 11:56 PM
michthro
Level: Smitemaestro
Rank Points: 679
Some problems.

I have two scores showing up in my lost #1 list for which I have the #1. In both cases someone else took the #1 from me, I reclaimed it, and they then tied it. The scores are both in Beethro's Mission:Spiders. L1:1S2E and L6:3W. (All scores involved have been verified.)

I'm not sure if this has to do with the history, but anyway: I have 5 #1s awol. Between the last time I checked and now I've lost 6, only one of which showed up in the lost #1 list. (My total number of scores hasn't changed.) I tracked down one of them, BT:L4:3S3E, and there's something wrong there: I had the #1 at 196, but now BoyBlue is at #1 with 51. However, if you download his demo, it turns out to be a 247-move demo. This 51-move score doesn't show up in the history.

One last thing: If I'm not on the first page of the lost #1s tab, I click on a link, and then hit my browser's back button, I'm back to the first page. This doesn't happen with any other numbered page, um.. pages.
10-17-2006 at 10:56 AM
Schik
michthro wrote:
I have two scores showing up in my lost #1 list for which I have the #1. In both cases someone else took the #1 from me, I reclaimed it, and they then tied it. The scores are both in Beethro's Mission:Spiders. L1:1S2E and L6:3W. (All scores involved have been verified.)
I think I fixed this, but I can't test it very easily. Could you check it?

I'll have to look at the other things you reported when I have more time.

10-17-2006 at 02:23 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Schik wrote:
I think I fixed this, but I can't test it very easily. Could you check it?
Whoa - not even the admin himself can impersonate other users? :look

np: Weird Al Yankovic - Polkarama! (Straight Outta Lynwood)

10-17-2006 at 03:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 3 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Highscores #1 history (Beta over. We'll call this *done*.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com