Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Tower of the Sorcerer
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
IP: Logged
icon Tower of the Sorcerer (0)  
Has anybody played this game? I can\'t find the \"lucky gold\" and it\'s driving me nuts. Please, help!

[Last edited by mrimer at 08-27-2006 04:25 AM]
03-01-2003 at 09:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056

File: AStalwartsBallad.mp3 (1.1 MB)
Downloaded 235 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Tower of the Sorcerer (+1)  
zex20913 wrote:
Has anybody played this game? I can't find the "lucky gold" and it's driving me nuts. Please, help!
Yeah, you've got several people on here that have played it. I love this game! That part (trying to find the lucky gold) stumped me for a while. There's a clue made up of hidden walls in a room somewhere between floors 21 and 30. No, it's not one word. One of the symbols is a number. Try to figure out what you could use to do what the clue says.

----------------

Congratulations! You've uncovered an inspired ballad, set to a popular tune and sung brilliantly by Tendry, a mighty warrior of the Stalwart Army, a sturdy champion of the muses, with grand creative aspirations, who we also know most certainly saved the entirety of Tueno from an invasion by the underground Empire. ...For he asserts every word of his tale is absolutely and undoubtedly true, and we should esteem it as such.

Lyrics to attached song:
Click here to view the secret text

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 06-26-2008 09:28 PM]
03-02-2003 at 05:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
icon Re: Tower of the Sorcere(o)r (+1)  

03-02-2003 at 08:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer

File: TotS_Walkthrough8c.txt (30.1 KB)
Downloaded 100 times.
icon Re: Re: Tower of the Sorcerer (0)  

The game\'s home page is at: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA013374/game/egame0.html

Edit: added my near-optimal walkthrough for posterity

[Last edited by mrimer at 04-04-2016 04:04 PM]
03-03-2003 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
icon Re: Tower of the Sorcere(o)r (0)  
Thanks. I got what to do. Now I just have to start over...

03-03-2003 at 12:42 AM
zex20913
icon Re: Tower of the Sorcere(o)r (0)  
Heehee...this is really fun the third time through.

03-04-2003 at 12:49 AM
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
icon Re: Tower of the Sorcere(o)r (+1)  
My friend and I made a complete walk through of the game. It is in .pdf format and I can post it on my web site if anyone wants it.

bradwall17@yahoo.com

04-29-2003 at 10:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
icon Re: Tower of the Sorcerer (0)  
eytanz wrote:
It's a lost cause - deleting the posts won't unbump the thread, and besides, this one wasn't supposed to be a big secret.

Ok, fair enough because I want to ask a question about this game since dis topic got me playing it...

Does the Warp Item has any special or secret function? In my first run I didn't have to use it.

07-02-2008 at 08:41 PM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Yes, it does. You can conserve keys or life, reching areas before you could have done without it. The highscores, man! Think of the highscores! How much life can you have left at the end? How much defense? How much Attack?

This is the highscores criteria: Red key = 3 points, blue key = 2 points, yellow key = 1 point, 1000 life = 2.5 points, 10 offense = 5 points, 20 defense = 7 points.

Edit: oh, and just move the Tendry thing to a new obscure place. That ought to fix things.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 07-03-2008 07:13 AM]
07-03-2008 at 07:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Blondbeard wrote:
Edit: oh, and just move the Tendry thing to a new obscure place. That ought to fix things.
Ah, it's not that big a deal to me, though spoiling a game is, in general, bad form.

07-04-2008 at 05:26 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
What is the best place to acquire this game? One version I downloaded threw constant error messages and installed some adware. And which is more ideal, the 2d or 3d version?

07-05-2008 at 07:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
RoboBob3000 wrote:
What is the best place to acquire this game? One version I downloaded threw constant error messages and installed some adware. And which is more ideal, the 2d or 3d version?
I'd download it from the same URL I've got a link for <defunct>. The 2D version is easier to play, interface-wise. The 3D looks a bit cooler but, as with DROD, vertical geometry only serves to hide information and makes it more difficult to play.

[Last edited by mrimer at 04-04-2016 04:07 PM]
07-05-2008 at 08:26 PM
Mechadragon
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
Nuntar wrote:
You can't get the sword in Tower 13 yet; it's a teaser. You'll get it much later on in the game.

Hope no-one minds me bumping this topic.... yes, it's shameful, but I'm completely stuck, and I know bradwall posted a complete walkthrough, but that's just what I don't want, as that would spoil the whole fun.

So, where am I meant to go next after beating the gate guardians on the 18th floor? I can't reach the boss on the 20th floor without a red key, but the only red key I can find costs a ridiculous amount of gold which it will be completely impossible to amass even if I generously assumed that 1HP will be enough to take down the boss. I've tried starting over from the beginning but I get the same problem. Any hints?

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-31-2008 01:40 AM]
10-31-2008 at 01:14 AM
mrimer

File: TotS_Walkthrough9.txt (35.1 KB)
Downloaded 132 times.
Hmm...looks like my previous post with my TotS walkthrough with a score of 388 got deleted. Here it is again.

09-19-2016 at 03:52 PM
thrawnca
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
icon Re: Tower of the Sorcerer (+5)  
Blondbeard wrote:
Yes, it does. You can conserve keys or life, reching areas before you could have done without it. The highscores, man! Think of the highscores! How much life can you have left at the end? How much defense? How much Attack?
I'm actually working on a simulator at the moment to help players design an optimal path. The idea is that you record all your encounters in a file, eg:

yellow_key
yellow_door
green_slime
red_slime
green_slime
etc...

And the simulator will tell you the stats that result, plus it will report an error if you run out of health, use keys/items you don't have, etc. Then you can rearrange the encounters to get fast feedback on the outcomes of taking different paths.

I've implemented most of the game features, including recording all of the monster stats. The simulator understands how to implement altar visits, standard and 'ambush' combat, limited-use inventory items, monster-bane items like the cross, and it has shortcuts to reduce the number of encounters you have to write; for example, you can define a chain of encounters that always go together, eg "open yellow door, fight bat, get blue elixir" so you only have to move one line around when you're trying different things.

I'm currently working my way through recording the path taken by YouTube video pxF2GwxAI1U as a baseline. Still need to implement a few more features, like magic attacks and the lucky gold, but once I've finished recording that walkthrough, it should be ready to go.

My account is too new to post links, but if anyone's interested in trying it out, let me know.
07-11-2019 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Tower of the Sorcerer
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No