Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Help write the DROD FAQ!
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Help write the DROD FAQ! (0)  
As some of you know, the DROD Forum FAQ is slowly being assembled. If I could remember my HTML, I could even make it easier to read... but I digress.

There's a place on the FAQ for rooms commonly asked about that aren't covered by the DROD site. The Tar City rooms are in there, as well as the Master Intellect room and the nasty one on level 8. You know the one.

What I ask is this: What other rooms do you want people to stop asking about? I have these rooms in:

L3, 3S1W: that one where there's force arrows and roaches surrounding you when you hit the orb.
L7, 2N1W: the Master Intellect room.
L8, 7S3E: the Three Tar Mother room.
L10, 2N: the exit room, just pointing out that you can't actually get to the other side of the door
L15, 1S2W: This one's the one where you need to hit a lot of orbs in order and it's really hard to do without working backwards.
L24, 1S1/2W: Tar City.

I'm willing to cut any of these (eyeing the L15) and add more, but the upper limit's 10, max. The lower limit for it to be useful is 5+L10, and I'm willing to change it to be more mysterious. I'd also like them to be somewhat spread out, unless dissent decides otherwise. I'm also willing to go as high as 15, if the questions for those rooms are interesting and not related to their solutions.

I don't want to negate the purpose of this forum, in other words. But I'd also like some place we can universally point people for Tar City.

Matt

08-08-2003 at 02:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Help write the DROD FAQ! (0)  
New aspiring dungeon delvers always ask about L2:2S!!!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
08-08-2003 at 06:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
A room that tends to be asked about a lot is L23: 1N. The 2 goblin/2 snake room. Level 13 is iffy...some people want help, some don't. Oh! L25: 2S. That's normally problematic for many, maybe 1N 2W. But maybe we shouldn't give away the last level...up to you.

08-09-2003 at 01:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Alright, Level 2: Twice South is in.

I've decided to get rid of the level 15 one - unless you guys disagree, it'll go.

The biggest problem I found with level 13 was working out where to go. If I have room, I'll put something on that.

I still don't understand L25, 2S. Someone's going to have to tell me how I managed to complete that one, but L25, 1N2W I'll write something for.

Matt

08-09-2003 at 09:18 AM
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
icon Re: Re: Help write the DROD FAQ! (0)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
I still don't understand L25, 2S. Someone's going to have to tell me how I managed to complete that one.

I've managed to solve it twice, and the most recent time I thought I knew what was going on. I watched my victory to jog my memory, but I die very shortly into the room in my "victory" demo... so... guess I'll have to play it again.
08-09-2003 at 09:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Actually 2S can be very easy. Not sure if you want that sort of info so I will leave it out unless anyone asks.

I just did it again to prove that it still works in the new version and it does.
08-09-2003 at 09:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Roth
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 23
When I was a wee roachling
I often saw L4-1N

undeniably
-Tim
08-09-2003 at 10:39 PM
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 329
L23 1N, definitely. I did it on my own, but for me it was perhaps the most frustrating part of DROD.
08-13-2003 at 05:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
I've been talking to Erik, and he reckons updating the DROD site (there's actually a hints section there) would be preferable to creating yet another page with DROD hints. I'm inclined to agree with him up to the point that fragmentation is a bad thing, and the site should be much stronger thn it is.

So, in all probability, these rooms will get segued into the hint page on the site, and a link go into the FAQ and the forum.

Nevertheless, I'm still after the most asked about rooms, and a lot of people now have said L23, 1N.

Matt

08-13-2003 at 09:29 AM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
How about some of the Level 12 rooms that are filled up with serpents?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
09-06-2003 at 12:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Any specific suggestions? There were a few difficult rooms on level 12, but I'd need a suggestion as to which one in particular you didn't like.

Also, seeing as it's morphed into the DROD.net room help page, the restrictions on rooms have been lifted. After all, it's easy for me to change things now.

Matt

09-06-2003 at 03:17 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Help write the DROD FAQ!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com