Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : second page bug
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
IP: Logged
icon second page bug (0)  
On one of the forums I just made a post that caused the thread to span more than one page. The index shows two pages... when I click on page 2 it takes me to page 1. I can't seem to view my post at all.
08-04-2003 at 08:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdcribbs
icon Re: second page bug (0)  
I tried posting a reply to the thread... nothting showed up. The index page tells me there are 2 pages, but it will not load the second page... (clicking on 2 loads the first page).

Specifically, this is in Anything -:> Movie Quotes

Index shows 2 pages, with me as the most recent post, but going to the link just shows page one, my new posts don't show up.
08-04-2003 at 09:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdcribbs
restarted my browser: I cannot get to the second page of Anything->Movie or my quote to show up.

However, I've been seeing some weird stuff with this browser (Konquerer) and I just started using it today... I think this weirdness is konquerer's fault. I'll let you know if I see otherwise.

So nevermind (?)

[Edited by bdcribbs on 08-04-2003 at 09:18 AM]
08-04-2003 at 09:16 AM
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
No, it ain't Konqeror.

It seems that thread's in a sweet spot so that the thread fits on one page, but the listing breaks it up into two. All the posts that would be on page 2 are at the bottom of page 1. This'd probably be someone in the coding team using magic numbers instead of using constants, and not changing one when they changed the other. Not you, Schik. One of the tforumHacks guys.

Matt

08-04-2003 at 12:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Re: second page bug (0)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
It seems that thread's in a sweet spot so that the thread fits on one page, but the listing breaks it up into two. All the posts that would be on page 2 are at the bottom of page 1. This'd probably be someone in the coding team using magic numbers instead of using constants, and not changing one when they changed the other. Not you, Schik. One of the tforumHacks guys.
It ain't that either.

Here's what it is - each message actually keeps a count of how many replies are in the topic. For some reason, not ALL of the messages are getting updated with the new count every time a new message is posted. Not sure why. So when the board queries (from the thread index page) how many replies there are, it must be counting number of messages with the right TopicID, but when it's displaying the messages themselves, it's using the NumReplies count in the messages.

Whenever this pops up (it's been 3 or 4 times now) I can easily fix it, but it's irritating - I need to fix the problem instead of the symptoms.

08-04-2003 at 12:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : second page bug
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com