Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Mac version at all possible? (I don't think there's a thread for this...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
IP: Logged
icon Mac version at all possible? (0)  
So, um... I decided to see what this was all about. But the download doesn't work for me as I'm on OSX, not Windows.

So, um...

Is there any chance of a Mac version coming out at a later date? Please? It looks fun...

08-30-2006 at 08:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jason
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1076
icon Re: Mac version at all possible? (0)  
I have been wanting to post this for ages!

08-30-2006 at 06:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
Humm... I donīt think so, at least for now. I donīt have a Mac. Did anyone try to run it in Linux?
08-30-2006 at 10:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kzc
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
googa wrote:
Did anyone try to run it in Linux?

It does seem to run under wine on my gentoo installation. There are a couple problems, though:

1) I can only get it to run when I launch it from within the installer. After that I get the error "Triggers.Dat not found" whenever I try to run it. Triggers.Dat does appear to be in the WonderQuest directory - I haven't really tried to troubleshoot this yet.

2) The game is just this side of unusably slow (unusably for me, that is - I'm of less than average patience).

3) Sound doesn't seem to work.

Because of 2), I didn't play through much of the game - just up through the first room with monsters in it. Aside from the sound, everything seems to be work perfectly, however.
09-03-2006 at 06:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
I used to be able to run it, but nowadays it just instantly crashes Wine. When it did work, I had no sound (like kzc), and it ran much slower than in Windows (although it was at least playable here). Unlike kzc, I could run it from outside the installer, though.

So, anyway. A Linux port would be nice :)

- Gerry
09-03-2006 at 09:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
So, anyway. A Linux port would be nice.
I don't know, too many priorities in the list. Maybe in the future. :)

[Last edited by googa at 09-05-2006 10:42 PM]
09-05-2006 at 10:42 PM
kzc
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
googa wrote:
So, anyway. A Linux port would be nice.
I don't know, too many priorities in the list. Maybe in the future. :)
Would you consider providing the source for someone else to port?
09-06-2006 at 12:43 PM
googa
kzc wrote:
Would you consider providing the source for someone else to port?

Yes, but not now. There still some changes/improvements to be made, and I don't want two source codes being implemented in parallel. Possibly in the future.
09-06-2006 at 10:15 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Mac version at all possible? (I don't think there's a thread for this...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com