Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Movie quote "tag"
<<3456
Page 7 of 13
891011>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
IP: Logged
icon Re: Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
DubOSv10 wrote:
Someone post one for me...
Sure, here you go:

Remember what the MPAA says: Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words! That's what this war is all about!

10-03-2003 at 04:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
Oh my god! They posted one I know!

South Park: The Movie

A clever piece of social satire, I thought.

Oh dear, there go my underground credentials. Oh well, this might save them:

Anything else, Mom? You want me to mow the lawn?

Matt

10-03-2003 at 05:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Hackers.

Next one:
Which one of you nuts has got any guts?

10-03-2003 at 05:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
I just looked up other quotes from Hackers, and I found this one:

Cereal Killer: When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things. What? It's Corinthians one, chapter thirteen verse eleven.

This is completely inspired, perhaps a tribute, perhaps a theft, from The Sandman comic books (by Neil Gaiman). There is a nightmare called The Corinthian who escapes the Land of Dreams while its master (The Sandman of course) is held captive for almost a century. He is finally caught by The Sandman at a Serial Killer's convention, which they call a Cereal Convention in order to avoid suspicion. If that quote above is a coincidence, I'll eat my shorts.

I probably should see Hackers one of these days, it sounds like.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-03-2003 at 06:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
icon Re: Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
Schik wrote:
Which one of you nuts has got any guts?

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

:D

OK, how about

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."

It's not English, so that's a translation.
10-03-2003 at 04:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
StuartK
icon Re: Re: Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
StuartK wrote:
OK, how about

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."

It's not English, so that's a translation.

I thought the garden gnomes reference would be enough.... Surely there's not been that many recent films with a starring role for a garden gnome? :D

Anyway. It's Amelie A nice film, from half the directorial pair responsible for Delicatessen and The City of Lost Children. All thoroughly recommended.

I guess I'll just have to come up with a new quote then :)

"I am not a gun"

[Edited by StuartK on 10-05-2003 at 08:45 PM]
10-05-2003 at 09:44 PM
StuartK
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
StuartK wrote:
I guess I'll just have to come up with a new quote then :)

"I am not a gun"

Another couple of quotes from the same film as above, then I'll move onto the next :P

No Atomo... I Superman!

There are two kinds of metal in this yard: scrap and art. If you gotta eat one of them, eat the scrap. What you currently have -- IN YOUR MOUTH!! -- is ART.
10-07-2003 at 10:58 PM
Sokko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 336
Fairly easy: That one's The Iron Giant. Okay, here's one that should be even easier:

That's interesting... Very interesting...

10-08-2003 at 12:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Ya got me.... what is that from?

10-10-2003 at 02:20 AM
Sokko
Waaaaay over 24 hours on that one. I either stumped everybody, or nobody was looking at this post recently. :D

Anyway, that has to be my favorite line from Pirates of the Caribbean. My next movie quote (should be easy, but I said that about the last one):

"No. I want to play Global Thermonuclear Warfare."

10-11-2003 at 06:00 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Would you like to play a game of chess?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-11-2003 at 10:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
Gah, that's from that one movie where:
Click here to view the secret text

Here's a guess at the name: War Games?
10-12-2003 at 07:54 PM
Sokko
Finally, someone hit it! That has to be one of the best movies I've seen, even though some disagree. Go right ahead with a new quote.

10-22-2003 at 08:18 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Whoa, we were still on that one? I saw it just as it appeared, recognized it immediately, and decided not to answer because I figured everyone will know it, and I didn't want to think of a new quote.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

10-23-2003 at 03:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
Someone post a quote for me. I'm not really a big movie watcher.
10-24-2003 at 12:21 AM
StuartK
Zmann wrote:
Someone post a quote for me. I'm not really a big movie watcher.
I too can't think of a quote offhand (though I could come up with something if there's any interest in continuing this game)

We do have a little loose end to tie up though. Mike Rimers quote "Would you like to play a game of chess?", which I believe he thought was from Wargames, was actually from 2001: A Space Odyssey. The quote from Wargames was similar though

"How about a nice game of chess?"

:)
10-24-2003 at 04:39 PM
Oneiromancer
Actually the Wargames quote was Sokko's thermonuclear warfare quote...Mike was just adding a quote from that movie without guessing it because he probably didn't want to think of one on his own.

I was waiting for someone else to post a quote, but since no one has, I guess I will go:

Well, aren't you gonna offer me whatever it is you taste like?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-24-2003 at 05:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Oneiromancer wrote:
Well, aren't you gonna offer me whatever it is you taste like?
Get Shorty

How about:
Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

10-24-2003 at 07:39 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Dang. I knew I know the quote (the new one, not the Get Shorty one), but I couldn't remember from where, so I checked the IMDB - it was blindingly obvious once I saw it, but if I'd post the answer I'd be cheating...

[Edited by eytanz on 10-24-2003 at 07:56 PM GMT]

10-24-2003 at 07:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Ghostbusters

Go get her, Ray!

Next quote:

Had my dream again where I'm making love, and the Olympic judges are watching. I'd nailed the compulsories, so this is it, the finals. I got a 9.8 from the Canadians, a perfect 10 from the Americans, and my mother, disguised as an East German judge, gave me a 5.6. Must have been the dismount.

Game on,

10-24-2003 at 08:03 PM
StuartK
Oneiromancer wrote:
Actually the Wargames quote was Sokko's thermonuclear warfare quote...
That's why I said 'Mike Rimers quote' in my post :) Also, it was just a little correction, hence 'a little loose end'
Mike was just adding a quote from that movie
Go read it again ;) Two films, two similar quotes. HAL asks Dave "Would you like to play a game of chess?" Slightly more impersonal than the other quote, as is the style of each film. Also HAL 'plays very well', which is untrue, since he tells Dave he has checkmate when he hasn't - perhaps a subtle clue something might be wrong, or just a goof? The Joshue/WOPR quote gives a clue that the AI is a little more self motivated than HAL (or just programmed that way) I still trust neither :)

[Edited by StuartK on 10-25-2003 at 12:42 PM GMT]
10-25-2003 at 01:41 PM
Oneiromancer
Well, I think what I meant to say was "Mike thought he was adding another quote from that movie," which as you have shown was incorrect. Until Mike chimes in again, we won't know which movie he was really referring to. It's sad...I've actually never seen 2001, although I've read the entire series by Arthur C. Clarke (2001, 2010, 2063, and 3001). They're not bad, although the later ones can get pretty slow in parts, like his Rama series.

Game on,

10-25-2003 at 06:53 PM
StuartK
Oneiromancer wrote:
Well, I think what I meant to say was "Mike thought he was adding another quote from that movie," which as you have shown was incorrect. Until Mike chimes in again, we won't know which movie he was really referring to. It's sad...I've actually never seen 2001, although I've read the entire series by Arthur C. Clarke (2001, 2010, 2063, and 3001). They're not bad, although the later ones can get pretty slow in parts, like his Rama series.

Game on,
I've never actually read the 2001 series (I've seen the films though, and I'm in the camp that likes the second ;) Rama also, which I found entirely enthralling, though I've only read one of the three sequels* I'm wondering what the Rama film is going to be like, if it ever actually makes it to the screen (6 years so far) There have been a few hints of movement recently. Could be good, and I'd like to see Fincher do another sci fi.

*I'm an avid, but slow reader, with many other hobbies, dammit.

10-26-2003 at 05:30 AM
Schik
Oneiromancer wrote:
Had my dream again where I'm making love, and the Olympic judges are watching. I'd nailed the compulsories, so this is it, the finals. I got a 9.8 from the Canadians, a perfect 10 from the Americans, and my mother, disguised as an East German judge, gave me a 5.6. Must have been the dismount.
Whoa, this quote almost got lost there in the discussion. That's from When Harry Met Sally.

Next quote:
I owe you nothing. And you are nothing to me. Thank you for curing me of my ridiculous obsession with love.

10-28-2003 at 03:00 AM
Mattcrampy
Heh - my parents invited me over and they watched this...

Moulin Rouge.

For my next trick, I'm going this:

I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King.

Matt

10-31-2003 at 10:34 AM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Heh. Great movie. Pulp Fiction.

"Soylent Green is made from people"

...nah, too easy...

"Sometimes you do your best work when you've got a gun to your head"

10-31-2003 at 02:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Is that from Operation Swordfish by any chance?

Matt

10-31-2003 at 02:56 PM
DiMono
Right actor, wrong movie.

10-31-2003 at 10:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
DiMono wrote:
Right actor, wrong movie.
Ummm.... Broken Arrow? :huh

10-31-2003 at 10:10 PM
DiMono
Alright, it's been a few days and nobody's gotten it yet.

It's from Get Shorty

So, what to put in here next...

Always coming and going, and going and coming... and always too soon!

11-04-2003 at 07:19 PM
<<3456
Page 7 of 13
891011>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Movie quote "tag"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes