Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : PC games...
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
IP: Logged
icon Re: PC games... (0)  
I've been into computer games ever since I saw the DOOM shareware on someone else's computer and said 'Woah, I need to get one of those machines.' When was that, like '94 when that came out? For the most part I stuck with first person shooters in the 90s, but lately have been broadening my horizons. In 2001 I spent over 6 months straight playing though, Baldur's Gate1&2 and Icewind Dale:Heart of Winter. Those were some fun times. I think I got burned out on those, because I never finished IWD2 (stopped in Chapter 4). I'll have to go back to that one sometime soon.

I've played a few good adventure games too, The Longest Journey & Syberia are two of the best that I can recall. And right I'm currently playing (along with DROD of course) Sanitarium an older adventure game that was out of print for a while, but just started showing up on the bargin racks at WalMart. Very cool game, with some good puzzles to go with a very creepy and well thought out storyline. If anyone has $10 to burn, this one's highly recommended.

A few other random favorites of mine are: Thief 1&2 (my favorite games ever), Diablo 2, Grand Theft Auto 3, GTA:Vice City and No One Lives Forever 1&2.

08-25-2003 at 07:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Daisai
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
If I were to list all my favorite games, it'd be an odd mix of genres, primarily puzzle, rpg and futuristic racing.. For instance Kula World for the PSX, DROD, Wipeout and Rollcage, Final Fantasy (7, ideally ;)). Also spending an ungodly time on the MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot atm :eyes

08-27-2003 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Re: PC games... (0)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
I have always loved the Warlords series (the Warlords Battlecry series are real time), and Warlords 4 is coming out soon so I am stoked.
Years ago I ran a website for Warlords II. I had all the scenarios and armies and everything. This was when I was a student, and it was just in my personal webspace, so I had unlimited bandwidth to play with (and used many gigs a month).

The scary thing is, while the website has been down for years, I've had a couple people CALL ME ON THE PHONE in the last couple years to ask if my site was going to put back online anywhere.

10-02-2003 at 06:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Having not looked at any Warlords stuff in years, reading this inspired me to go do a little web surfing. An excerpt from a Warlords II FAQ (the link is dead):

Matt's page:
http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~schikore/Warlords2/
Matt Schikore has an extensive site, with just about every scenario I've
heard of, and many utilities and patches for the PC and the Mac. The
scenario list gives information on the scenarios that come with Warlords
as well.
I took a look at the SSG web page too - Gregor Whiley, the Vice President, is still there. He and I emailed back and forth many times. He even sent me a free copy of Warlords III as thanks for supporting their game. Aaaah, the memories.

10-02-2003 at 06:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
I can't remember for sure, but I bet I did download stuff from your website at one point. It was fun just to collect the scenarios. I never downloaded armies much though. Very cool though! Cosmic, even!

Anyway, Warlords IV went gold yesterday. I probably will wait to get it until Christmas unless I see a really, really good deal. And they always put out an expansion that contains the original game so I could wait for that too. Of course, if everyone thought that way they wouldn't be able to make an expansion...choices, choices...

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-02-2003 at 10:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : PC games...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com