Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : About the DROD forum (My thoughts on how it compares to other forums)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
IP: Logged
icon About the DROD forum (+3)  
I just wanted to brag about this forum. So, bear with me... if you will.

I have been on a lot of forums and do have to say that the people of DROD are a very friendly bunch. Most other forums are very unfriendly to new users and get very bothered with people who ask a question that has been asked before. Many get a response like "Search the forum before posting... you idiot". I don't believe that this happens here. People will politely tell others that a post like that has been made and give them a link. Yeah, there is the occasional modding someone down, however, it seems to be more of a friendly nudge to remind someone to be polite.

I just had such an experience:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=11242&page=0#119090

Yeah, I am not proud of that. I guess that I had a bad day and I hope that there are no hard feelings between me and Neather2. I hope an apology can be accepted. I am glad that the forum has been such a great place and I feel that I have made lots of friends from it.

I hope and an quite certain that this forum will grow and keep in the path of friendliness and stay away from the rude attitude that comes from other forums.

Thanks to Erik, Mike, and the rest of the crew that has made this forum such a great place. And, also, thanks to the entire group that uses this forum for making it such a great place to visit, post, and share experiences.

*steps off the soap box*

Thanks,
Brad Wall

[Last edited by bradwall at 07-26-2006 09:17 PM : spelling]
07-26-2006 at 03:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: About the DROD forum (+1)  
Search the forum before posting... you $^&##@@...

Just kidding ;) Though I did remember a few earlier topics with similar idea like this and this one.

I guess I don't have any objections. Game on, have fun, etc.
07-26-2006 at 03:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 221
icon Re: About the DROD forum (+1)  
bradwall wrote:
So, bare with me... if you will.
I am not sure exactly what you want us to bare, but I am quite sure the forum members would rather bear with you!

07-26-2006 at 08:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Neather2
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: About the DROD forum (0)  
bradwall wrote:
I just wanted to brag about this forum. So, bare with me... if you will.

I have been on a lot of forums and do have to say that the people of DROD are a very friendly bunch. Most other forums are very unfriendly to new users and get very bothered with people who ask a question that has been asked before. Many get a response like "Search the forum before posting... you idiot". I don't believe that this happens here. People will politely tell others that a post like that has been made and give them a link. Yeah, there is the occasional modding someone down, however, it seems to be more of a friendly nudge to remind someone to be polite.

I just had such an experience:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=11242&page=0#119090

Yeah, I am not proud of that. I guess that I had a bad day and I hope that there are no hard feelings between me and Neather2. I hope an apology can be accepted. I am glad that the forum has been such a great place and I feel that I have made lots of friends from it.

I hope and an quite certain that this forum will grow and keep in the path of friendliness and stay away from the rude attitude that comes from other forums.

Thanks to Erik, Mike, and the rest of the crew that has made this forum such a great place. And, also, thanks to the entire group that uses this forum for making it such a great place to visit, post, and share experiences.

*steps off the soap box*

Thanks,
Brad Wall

truly excused me you bradwaal. :D however brad, you have reason, many post are good and friendly, but little not, I as an example of it make many ugly ones, but I know to appreciate those good ones like this, compliments :D

Bye, Good day and sorry Neather2

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-26-2006 09:14 PM]
07-26-2006 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
kie wrote:
bradwall wrote:
So, bare with me... if you will.
I am not sure exactly what you want us to bare, but I am quite sure the forum members would rather bear with you!
Your signature, combined with the common stereotype of bradwall's gender, makes this obvious. :tomato

07-27-2006 at 01:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: About the DROD forum (+3)  
Erik reckons that it's no coincidence that people who don't have patience and who feel the need to prove their intelligence by insulting others tend not to feel comfortable here on the DROD forum.

Personally, I think we have a critical mass of great people, and so jerks don't have the ability to get established.

07-27-2006 at 11:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
Mattcrampy wrote:
Erik reckons that it's no coincidence that people who don't have patience and who feel the need to prove their intelligence by insulting others tend not to feel comfortable here on the DROD forum.

Personally, I think we have a critical mass of great people, and so jerks don't have the ability to get established.

I feel almost embarrassed modding you up, you have so many points already, but that's the way we say " I approve/agree" here, so - have a point! :)

Elf.

[Last edited by Elfstone at 07-28-2006 01:36 PM : Shpelin; speline, speal... wrong letters!]
07-27-2006 at 12:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
icon Re: About the DROD forum (+2)  
I fell almost embarrassed modding you up, you have so many points already

One of these days I'll go bike riding with the DROD.net server and then that problem will just disappear....

07-28-2006 at 11:55 AM
Elfstone
Mattcrampy wrote:
One of these days I'll go bike riding with the DROD.net server and then that problem will just disappear....

:lol

07-28-2006 at 01:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Elfstone wrote:
Mattcrampy wrote:

Oh, man...if you haven't heard the original story, then look at this. It's too good to miss!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-29-2006 at 07:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
mrimer wrote:
Elfstone wrote:
Mattcrampy wrote:

Oh, man...if you haven't heard the original story, then look at this. It's too good to miss!

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

What a talented man Erik is!

Elfstone.

07-29-2006 at 12:40 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Does anybody actually know what happened to the engineer?

07-29-2006 at 03:06 PM
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1126
Chaco wrote:
Does anybody actually know what happened to the engineer?

He went beneath, and in his frustration became a Slayer. O:-

07-29-2006 at 05:01 PM
jjohn7418
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 161
icon Re: About the DROD forum (+2)  
I would like to say that I am very pleased with this forum, and everyone that I conversed with, through the posts.

I registered in August of 2003, after getting hooked on DROD, and never really had the time to look at everything that was available on the forum.

I recently got back onto the forum and started getting more involved, through the "Forum Games". I got a chance to read Erik's story about losing his mod points, it was too good to miss, and also Schik's story about taking the blame by causing the "accident". :thumbsup

I must say that this is the most amazing forum I have ever seen and been a part of. The detail in the stories, the jokes, the occasional ribbing of each other, are all priceless. (Is there a way to put in a spell check for us 'slower' members that don't know how to spell?):blush

For that reason I recently bought the memebership, for a mear $12.00.
agaricus5 wrote:
buy a 1 year subscription to Caravel.net. It only costs $12.00 (that's about £6.50 or €9.70).
And I plan on renewing it for as long as it is available!! :thumbsup

Thank you to everyone that makes this a great site. Looking forward to many years of posting!

08-01-2006 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jamie
Rank Points: 365
Mattcrampy wrote:

And I'm the exception that proves that rule!

08-03-2006 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Jamie, on the jerk scale you're really about a 2 out of 10. I can think of much worse on the DROD forum.

And I can think of lots worse on other forums.

08-03-2006 at 03:07 PM
jamie
Rank Points: 365
:D Thanks.. I'm glad I'm no lower than 2.. .That would be SOOOOOOOO uncool! :)

10-31-2006 at 02:27 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : About the DROD forum (My thoughts on how it compares to other forums)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com