Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Inserting images
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Sokko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 336
IP: Logged
icon Inserting images (0)  
Currently, the system of inserting images leaves much to be desired. You can't even insert an image directly from your hard drive. It should have a regular Windows file opening dialog to choose what file you want, and be able to get files from your HD. I say this primarily because I just saved all the smilies from phpBB onto my HD, and now I can't even use them when I post here. (the phpBB smilies are much niftier looking: they actually look like they all belong together in the same set)

07-26-2003 at 12:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Inserting images (0)  
Hmmm... we have the file attachment thing, but that's not really what you want - you want to attach an image inline. Well... if we allowed that, we could easily start using way more disk space than we should, if people were attaching images left and right.

I think a better solution for your problem is for us to replace the smilies here. I'd have no problem with replacing them. Are there phpBB smilie equivalents for all of the smilies we have here?

If the phpBB license allows it, we could just use theirs. Otherwise, if anyone can compile a set of consistent, nice-looking smilies we could possibly use them. I'd hate to lose a couple of ours, like the :eyes and :twak ones.

07-26-2003 at 02:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
Yeah, the tar baby smiley and the stick-bashing smiley are great! They should stay forever. Also, the devil smiley is fun.

This one, however:

:yikes

is really annoying, since it takes way too much space. I'd be happy to see it go away.

07-26-2003 at 03:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 578
You can insert images into messages. You just need to upload them to a web server that allows external links. That pretty much rules out geocities and I know theres others that don't allow it. But your isp should give you some free web space.
07-27-2003 at 01:55 PM
Sokko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 336

File: icons.zip (7 KB)
Downloaded 53 times.
License: Other
Attached is a little "smilie pack" which contains all of the regular yellow phpBB smilies. The only problem is that their smiley block is 4x5, and yours is 4x3. Any way to enlarge it? I'm sure there is.

There are also two extras in there: Mr. Green, who now sports a shaded, 3-D look, and the "neutral" face, which is the only yellow face that didn't make it into their regular smiley block. I think the best way would be to make the smiley block 4x6, and you'd have two spaces left over (maybe to put in the Twak and Devil icons!).

07-27-2003 at 03:37 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Inserting images
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No