Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : request: after I've "read all"
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
IP: Logged
icon request: after I've "read all" (0)  
When I click "Mark all posts in FOO as read", chances are I don't want to look at the FOO forum anymore. Should it take us back to the Home? Currently, it takes us back to FOO.

07-24-2003 at 10:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mister
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 104
icon Re: request: after I've "read all" (0)  
Maybe I've thought of another problem... I don't know how this works and to try it is too much hassle:

Say I enter the "Bug" forum, then I go AFK. Some minutes later, I start looking at the topics, finding nothing of interest, so I press the "mark as read" link. But what if someone posted a message on the minutes I was away from keyboard? In other words: does that link mark ALL messages in the forum as read, or only those that existed when the page loaded?

07-27-2003 at 09:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Re: request: after I've "read all" (0)  
Mister wrote:
Say I enter the "Bug" forum, then I go AFK. Some minutes later, I start looking at the topics, finding nothing of interest, so I press the "mark as read" link. But what if someone posted a message on the minutes I was away from keyboard? In other words: does that link mark ALL messages in the forum as read, or only those that existed when the page loaded?
When you click the "Mark all as read" link, it marks all posts as read. So before you click it, perhaps you should refresh your browser if you've been AFK.

07-28-2003 at 03:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : request: after I've "read all"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com