Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : hint page editing oddity
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
IP: Logged
icon hint page editing oddity (0)  
bug? or do I have a weird cache?

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=10741

he originally posted it as 3s3e, then edited it, now it shows 2s2e in the title, but clicking the title still shows the room image from 3s3e (for me, anyway)

06-19-2006 at 03:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: hint page editing oddity (+1)  
That's the expected behavior - you can't alter the association of a hint thread. A new thread for the correct room should have been started.

06-19-2006 at 03:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: hint page editing oddity (0)  
Well, actually, a mod can change the picture association for a JtRH room easily, but not very easily for any other hold. So yeah, best to start a new thread if you want that picture associated. Or edit the top post to say "whoops, different room, here's the real image" and insert the room image that way.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-19-2006 at 05:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
I fixed the room association for that topic.

06-19-2006 at 07:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Oneiromancer wrote:
Or edit the top post to say "whoops, different room, here's the real image" and insert the room image that way.

I would say that the optimal behavior is to edit the top post to say "oops, I started a thread for the wrong room", and just start a new thread. Sure, that creates a slightly pointless extra thread, but it will not screw with the room search function, and if someone else will need hints on the mistaken room then there's a thread waiting for them.

06-19-2006 at 07:12 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : hint page editing oddity
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com