Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Any unaddressed bugs?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Any unaddressed bugs? (0)  
Bug reports have slowed to a trickle and it seems we're finally reaching the end of the beta. Is there anything in DROD that's been confirmed a bug and we still haven't mentioned it's been fixed (or said we're going to wait until the next release to fix it)? Don't want anything to slip through the cracks...

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-23-2003 at 07:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Any unaddressed bugs? (0)  
Yup.

What about that irritating flickering in windowed mode? It happens once every few minutes, and sometimes another part of the screen pastes itself over the edit toolbar in the editor, and so the only way to remove it is to click on the minimap and let the screen refresh itself.

07-23-2003 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
A handful of install / uninstall bugs that are in the "upgrading WISE will probably fix this" category, which should be verified once WISE is upgraded.

I've been to busy to play / test drod recently, but I'm hoping over the weekend to go back and check bugs that I saw that have been reported fixed since the last time I checked them.
07-23-2003 at 08:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
icon Re: Re: Any unaddressed bugs? (0)  
agaricus5 wrote:
What about that irritating flickering in windowed mode? It happens once every few minutes, and sometimes another part of the screen pastes itself over the edit toolbar in the editor, and so the only way to remove it is to click on the minimap and let the screen refresh itself.
I've never seen this happen, ever. Can you tell me how to reproduce it?

07-23-2003 at 08:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
I don't know exactly how and why it happens. All I know is that it just happens randomly when I play through it.

07-23-2003 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
agaricus5 wrote:
I don't know exactly how and why it happens. All I know is that it just happens randomly when I play through it.
Wesley, you are running Windows XP when you see this, right?

Has anyone else seen this?

-Erik

07-23-2003 at 10:50 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Quath
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
I have Windows XP and when I play windowed, I see flickering as well.

Quath
07-23-2003 at 11:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
I have always played windowed, on my Windows XP laptop, and I don't see flickering at all. At least, not that I noticed enough to complain about, and I usually notice that kind of thing, so I don't think I see it.

Oooh, I just thought of this, though, I use Windows XP Home, perhaps the other guys have Professional? I also have some nVidia Go video card, and the latest version of DirectX, 9.0a. I see that 9.0b is out now...perhaps that might fix it? Is there any reason why it would make a difference?

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 07-24-2003 at 01:55 AM GMT: Ruminations on XP and DirectX]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-24-2003 at 12:10 AM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
That quirky thing that I mentioned once before with 1.5 is still there. When I alt-tab from full screen mode then click on a task bar program the mouse flies to the top left corner of the screen. It only does this twice the 3rd click activates the program. This is running on XP Pro.
07-24-2003 at 02:07 AM
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
Scott wrote:
That quirky thing that I mentioned once before with 1.5 is still there. When I alt-tab from full screen mode then click on a task bar program the mouse flies to the top left corner of the screen. It only does this twice the 3rd click activates the program. This is running on XP Pro.

Is there a post about that? I'm curious, it sounds sort of similiar to a weird problem I have occasionally but I've always assumed was a problem with my taskbar (I don't use the windows one).

07-24-2003 at 02:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Not sure if this is really a *bug*, but it at least seems inconsistent -

I love how double-clicking a file selects it and hits okay, but if you (in the "where" dialog) double click a hold, it just selects it - doesn't okay it as well.

07-24-2003 at 02:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Schik wrote:
I love how double-clicking a file selects it and hits okay, but if you (in the "where" dialog) double click a hold, it just selects it - doesn't okay it as well.
Hey, that's a great idea! I'll get on it for the next build.

07-24-2003 at 03:32 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Also, while you're doing that double-clicking thing, could you make the arrow keys scroll through that list?

07-24-2003 at 03:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
The double-clicking will be in build 33.
zex20913 wrote:
Also, while you're doing that double-clicking thing, could you make the arrow keys scroll through that list?
The up and down arrows do scroll through the list box, but only when it has focus (will receive key commands). You can Tab and Shift-Tab through the things on the screen/dialog to change focus.

07-24-2003 at 05:00 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Oh...I suppose I should further check things before posting them.

07-24-2003 at 05:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
lucretia
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
1. Using the Where? button, select a hold that's isn't King Dugan's dungeon. Click Okay. (So now if you were to hit Continue you would be playing that hold.)
2. Go to the editor. Create a hold. Delete the hold.
3. Click continue, you now see King Dugan's rather than whatever hold you choose.
07-27-2003 at 02:22 AM
Mister
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 104
Somehow, my drod data became corrupted. It asks me for a player name when I start the game, then the game crashes. No drod.err, no nothing. Trying to reproduce it now, but I may send the bugged drod1_6.dat if it helps.
07-27-2003 at 02:56 AM
ErikH2000
Quath wrote:
I have Windows XP and when I play windowed, I see flickering as well.
I guess what I'm hearing on this one is some people are getting the flickering, but are still able to do things in Windowed mode and avoid the flickering altogether in fullscreen. To be honest, I'm not sure if we can address the flickering problem without digging deep into a library written by another group (SDL). Plus neither Mike or I can reproduce the problem on our machines, making it a very difficult bug to deal with. We may have to let it go.

-Erik

07-28-2003 at 02:11 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Scott wrote:
This is probably something we will let go since Mike and I haven't been able to reproduce it on our machines and the behavior has a workaround. It is still a valid bug, however.

-Erik

07-28-2003 at 03:31 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Any unaddressed bugs?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com