Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : WonderQuest 3.2 Final Version Released! (Thread Terminated.)
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
IP: Logged
icon WonderQuest 3.2 Final Version Released! (+5)  
Thread Terminated.

[Last edited by googa at 01-04-2008 03:00 AM]
06-04-2006 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
icon Re: WonderQuest 3.0 Final Version Released! (+1)  
Just out of curiosity - is there supposed to be an editor? I remember reading somewhere that there'd be an editor released with the "final" version...

I noticed there is a new "Editor" folder, but is empty except for the explanatory text file.

I love the game, by the way! :thumbsup

06-05-2006 at 06:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: WonderQuest 3.0 Final Version Released! (0)  
Rooms with secrets lag horribly, and apostrophes show up as squares.

Good job!
06-05-2006 at 05:08 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
coppro wrote:
Rooms with secrets lag horribly

They run the same speed as other rooms for me...

coppro wrote:
and apostrophes show up as squares.

Indeed - for me as well.

06-05-2006 at 06:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Kevin_P86 wrote:
Just out of curiosity - is there supposed to be an editor? I remember reading somewhere that there'd be an editor released with the "final" version...

I noticed there is a new "Editor" folder, but is empty except for the explanatory text file.

I love the game, by the way! :thumbsup

The Editor still need a bit of polishment before public release. I'll Release it soon. Besides, there are some monsters, heroes, objects, etc. that doesn't appear in the first 15 levels. The editor will be out when all of the features are finished, with the 25 levels.

Rooms with secrets lag horribly, and apostrophes show up as squares.

Good job!

The problem with apostrophes happens with some computers, I don't know if its because of the font. Anyway in case of emergency, you can change the game font and font size in the config.ini file.

Thanks Kevin and Coppro. And thanks to everyone who helped me with the game in any way!

[Last edited by googa at 06-07-2006 08:50 PM]
06-05-2006 at 06:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
There seems to be a problem with Level 3, 4N1E - for whatever reason, it doesn't let you move onto a square which a ball is going to move to (as if the balls were moving first), but it also doesn't let you move onto a square that a ball is currently on (as if the hero were moving first).

Because of the former (it doesn't let you move onto a square which a ball is going to move to), this room does not seem possible as you can't move from (6, 12) to (6, 17) without a ball getting in the way.

06-05-2006 at 06:48 PM
silver
Rank Points: 915
Kevin_P86 wrote:
There seems to be a problem with Level 3, 4N1E - for whatever reason, it doesn't let you move onto a square which a ball is going to move to (as if the balls were moving first), but it also doesn't let you move onto a square that a ball is currently on (as if the hero were moving first).

Because of the former (it doesn't let you move onto a square which a ball is going to move to), this room does not seem possible as you can't move from (6, 12) to (6, 17) without a ball getting in the way.

yep, I'm stuck there, too. the solution used to be to widen the gap by releasing a ball from the inner loop to the outer loop, but this doesn't seem to work anymore.

06-05-2006 at 06:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Aha! Maybe it just seems you can't move where a ball is going to move because you move there, and it immediately pushes you back.

Also, the room is obviously possible now - you just need to kill the roach on (6, 9) before the row of roaches, then the silver door opens...

Edit: If you're referring to the gap you need to create in the inner loop, you just need to make sure you strike the orb at the right time.

[Last edited by Kevin_P86 at 06-05-2006 06:54 PM]
06-05-2006 at 06:52 PM
silver
googa wrote:

The problem with apostrophes happens with some computers, I don't know if its because of the font.

you'll notice the quotes look correct on text you imported from me -- that's because I ran it all through a plain text editor first and replaced all the "high ascii" quotes with "regular" quotes.

if you're using MS word, look at this help page: "Change curly quotes to straight quotes and vice versa"

06-05-2006 at 06:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Kevin_P86 wrote:
Aha! Maybe it just seems you can't move where a ball is going to move because you move there, and it immediately pushes you back.

Also, the room is obviously possible now - you just need to kill the roach on (6, 9) before the row of roaches, then the silver door opens...

Edit: If you're referring to the gap you need to create in the inner loop, you just need to make sure you strike the orb at the right time.

I've slain all the roaches, and I'm sitting next to the orb. the problem is escaping. I don't need a gap in the inner loop to do that, but I need the "wide gap" in the outer loop to expand to more than 7 long, which in version 2.1 I did by tossing an inner ball into the works at the right time, which no longer seems to work

06-05-2006 at 07:10 PM
googa
Hint for the room:

Click here to view the secret text

About the Apostrophe:

Ouch, it seems that every scroll that uses apostrophe will need to be replaced. (Probably for the version 3.1) How's the text correction Silver?

[Last edited by googa at 06-05-2006 07:20 PM]
06-05-2006 at 07:18 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979

File: x1.png (16 KB)
Downloaded 66 times.
License: Public Domain
googa wrote:
Ouch, it seems that every scroll that uses apostrophe will need to be replaced. (Probably for the version 3.1) How's the text correction Silver?
Is it? I remember I didn't had problems until level 4 or something. After level 4, all the apostrophes did change into squares.

Although the level text of level 1 did have a box, the rest of the text (from version 2) were okay.

Another thing, it seems that you allow too many kinds of characters to be used as player names. Try to make a player called "***" (3 stars) and use it :)

PS. Before I forget, usually level coordinates where a special name is used, will end with square boxes (see attachment for example)

[Last edited by Tim at 06-05-2006 07:38 PM]
06-05-2006 at 07:35 PM
silver
googa wrote:

oh, you said the big file was done by someone else, so I thought I was done.
if you could send me the big file again?

/me hides

incidentally; the mouse over help for orbs for somereason stops after the first line for some reason

06-05-2006 at 07:52 PM
googa
incidentally; the mouse over help for orbs for some reason stops after the first line for some reason

I removed the rest of the text because it overlaps the orb action lines.

I'll send you the file. The box bug is very ugly, we gotta fix it.

That's hard for me to debug it because I'm not having this problem here.
06-05-2006 at 08:03 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Hmm. Further investigation shows that lots of balls make the room lag horribly, and only some secrets. But the lag stops after the secret leaves, so I supsect there is just extra code that doesn't need to be done being used with the secrets.
06-05-2006 at 09:28 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
I'm using GDI text function to draw the Secret message, which is very slow. I'll optimize the game to the maximum, and try to solve the apostrophes problem to version 3.1.

Hint: Set a lower "smooth movement factor" on option screen if you're having problems with speed. (Let me know if this helps).
06-07-2006 at 08:49 PM
googa
icon Re: WonderQuest 3.1 Final Version Released! (+2)  
New version 3.1 Released!

Updates from the last weeks:

*Liquid fast: 40% - 60% faster. Heavy optimizations implemented.
*Improved UI.
*Several minor Bugs fixed.
*Eyes bug fixed.
*Improved Level 6 secrets.
*L14 bug fixed.

Link to the patch in the first post of this thread.

[Last edited by googa at 06-22-2006 01:27 AM]
06-22-2006 at 12:54 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: WonderQuest 3.1 Final Version Released! (0)  
Can't run the patch. It says that "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program."
06-22-2006 at 02:33 AM
googa
Ezlo wrote:
Can't run the patch. It says that "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program."

I had this problem once. Try downloading again with a download manager.

PS: The file size must be around 970kb.

[Last edited by googa at 06-22-2006 02:46 AM]
06-22-2006 at 02:44 AM
Ezlo
Download manager? :unsure
06-22-2006 at 02:47 AM
googa
Ok, I'll attach a copy here for a few time.
06-22-2006 at 03:15 AM
Ezlo
icon Re: WonderQuest 3.1 Final Version Released! (+1)  
Done! Thanks!

EDIT: How could you! You change water from "Dihydrogen Monoxide" to "H2O!" Change it back! Please! :~(

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-22-2006 01:21 PM]
06-22-2006 at 03:17 AM
Kevin_P86
The patch .exe linked to from the first post only downloads about 85 KB, so it seems there is some sort of problem with it...

06-22-2006 at 07:07 PM
Kevin_P86
Also, even after installing the patch 3.1, the title screen still says it's version 3.0. However, the quest version is now reported to be 10.0.

06-22-2006 at 07:46 PM
googa
Kevin_P86 wrote:
Also, even after installing the patch 3.1, the title screen still says it's version 3.0. However, the quest version is now reported to be 10.0.

Weird! Now, this should work.

[Last edited by googa at 06-22-2006 10:29 PM]
06-22-2006 at 08:05 PM
Kevin_P86
Yep, that did it. :)

06-22-2006 at 08:08 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
googa, why don't you set an progress bar to tell us what you've done and what's remaining? Because i start to wonder when the editor will come!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-24-2006 at 02:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
In a few time I'll release a small editor version for a few people to create one or two Quests. I won't release to everyone because there still some changes to be made, like character balancing, editor bug fixes, etc.. So you guys will have two more adventures to play. And believe me...

...I will play my first WQ room in my life! I never played one. I just don't know if this game is cool or not!
06-24-2006 at 10:17 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Well... can you choose me? Please!

To Agaricus

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 06-24-2006 10:49 PM]
06-24-2006 at 10:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
OK Jeff, but finish the hold you are making with Agaricus first.
06-27-2006 at 12:42 AM
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : WonderQuest 3.2 Final Version Released! (Thread Terminated.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com