Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A Poll (Which of these do you go to first?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Which of these do you go to first?
The Illumination
General
Contests
Holds
Hints and Solutions
Challenges
Feature Requests
Bugs
The Site
Architecture
Development
Electronic Games
SubTerra
Wonderquest
Forum Games
Anything
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
Jason
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1076
IP: Logged
icon A Poll (0)  
Just wanted to know. This is version 2 fixed up.

05-17-2006 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: A Poll (0)  
I usually look at General first, then at Hints & Solutions to see if there are any questions I can help on. Not that there aren't plenty of capable helpers already...but I like to help if I can.

05-17-2006 at 05:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bunches
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 192
I check Anything first, then general.

[Last edited by Bunches at 05-17-2006 06:20 PM]
05-17-2006 at 06:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sergenth
Rank Points: 296
"Today's Active Posts" up at the top.
05-17-2006 at 06:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
Where's "None of the Above"? I seldom visit any of these because I read the forum through the "Today's Active Posts" list.

It's funny, I have this weird feeling of Deja Vu about this post. ;)
05-17-2006 at 06:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
I go to "Anything" first because it's the only board in "Other Boards" I look at. By bookmarking the forum on the Anything board, I can leave "Other Boards" collapsed on the main forum page to save a bit of space when I check the others.

++Adam H. Peterson
05-17-2006 at 06:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Funny. It never really struck me till today we have a whopping 16 boards. Wow. I'm still thinking back in the old days when we had 5 (I think it was 5 to start with... may even have been 4...).

But I digress. My answer is probably General, because I read the red folders from top to bottom, and Illumination usually has no new posts.

"Oook!"
05-17-2006 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
We have a lot more than 16 boards. Those are just the public ones. Of course the number fluctuates because beta holds are being added and deleted...but anyway, I'm very glad for being able to collapse some of the hidden boards. ;)

I usually read from the bottom up, so the first public board I read is the Anything board. I usually am the most interested in the General board though, so if I am in a hurry I just head for that one and Electronic Games.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-17-2006 at 11:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290
My browser is connected to a number of sites 24/7, here being one of them, though I occasionally log out to make it look as though I have a life. So, I haven't really visited any particular board first for a long time.
05-18-2006 at 05:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
I go to feature requests first, then bugs. Since I have more than enough holds on my plate for now, these are the ones that are most likely to affect or amuse me. And even if most of the ideas never get in, its fun to read about/suggest all of them.

05-18-2006 at 06:18 AM
skell
Rank Points: 3734
I go to development. But cause there is no much new posts here, I go to contests :). But this will change, when the contest will end. But last time I started to open all sections, going from the top :). But I voted for Dev.

05-18-2006 at 06:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
It depends...

New posts on beta hold boards are usually the absolutely first place to check. (Especially on your own boards ;)) And when there's occasionally something in the Illumination, it's usually worth checking out.

Then, if there's something interesting going, I may check Contests or Architecture. If not, I'll probably go to General, Anything or Electronic Games in no specific order of importance.

By the way, Forum Statistics lists 59 boards in the forum. What does this count besides the public ones? It probably isn't counting everything, because some of the beta boards have id number of 100+. And from what I know, at least some of them are archived after the hold has been released.
05-23-2006 at 07:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
Definitively Today's Active Posts, and then some more today posts. I wonder if a RSS feed could be implemented somehow... that could be nicer than continual reloads.

Should I get out of synch with the forum, I'll give General, Electronic Games and Anything a look, roughly in that order.
05-23-2006 at 07:21 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
I usually just tab open everything at once then read through randomly. I'm so used to doing that that using IE makes me feel annoyed and slow.
05-23-2006 at 07:50 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Doom wrote:
By the way, Forum Statistics lists 59 boards in the forum. What does this count besides the public ones? It probably isn't counting everything, because some of the beta boards have id number of 100+. And from what I know, at least some of them are archived after the hold has been released.
It is counting all the boards that currently exist. The SS beta boards get archived, as well as the old JtRH boards, and other beta boards get deleted. And of course there are other private boards. But most of the extra boards come from the existing beta boards and the way that the new site is managed.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-23-2006 at 10:35 PM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Today's active posts - its my homepage :) Then just go through the pages from most recent to least.
05-23-2006 at 11:06 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
I check Contests first, since I'm entered in today's one.

After that, I check Architecture, Holds, and Challenges.

05-24-2006 at 09:52 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A Poll (Which of these do you go to first?) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com