Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 East (+1)  
I'm doing this room the second time through, and can't figure out how to place the decoys. Any general hints?

EDIT: Blech, I forgot order of placement can effect the room.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 05-12-2006 02:08 PM]
05-12-2006 at 02:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 East (0)  
I can't figure out what to do in this room at all. I presume I need to use the rattlesnake somehow to protect me from getting killed by the roach when I hit the orb at the top, but if I do that the snake just gets me instead. Whattodo?

06-07-2006 at 11:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 East (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

06-07-2006 at 11:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
McFrugal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 59
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 East (0)  
I left the serpent in the maze on my first trip through this room.
06-08-2006 at 05:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
How did you do that? -_- I thought that you had to lure the snake out first time through.
06-10-2006 at 01:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 East (+1)  
First time through without using the snake:

06-10-2006 at 02:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ezlo
Evil. All I have to say.
06-10-2006 at 02:02 PM
Songsmith
Rank Points: 38

File: 1E.doc (983.5 KB)
Downloaded 88 times.
License: Public Domain
Ezlo wrote:
...I forgot order of placement can effect the room.

I never knew this... and I've been playing (on and off) for about two years or more now!! Is this the secret to completing this room?

I'm on my second time through, and am really struggling with placing my four decoys. I have identified

Please could someone help me by telling me where to place the decoys, and in what order. I feel as if I've tried every combination (though I obviously haven't or I'd have found the answer!).

Please be kind to a feeble old lady -- OK, not so old, and not so feeble... but definitelya lady! :D

TIA
Jan
08-17-2006 at 02:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Songsmith wrote:
Ezlo wrote:
...I forgot order of placement can effect the room.

I never knew this... and I've been playing (on and off) for about two years or more now!! Is this the secret to completing this room?

I'm on my second time through, and am really struggling with placing my four decoys. I have identified

Please could someone help me by telling me where to place the decoys, and in what order. I feel as if I've tried every combination (though I obviously haven't or I'd have found the answer!).

08-17-2006 at 02:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
Order of placement is generally used as a last-resort tie-breaker in DROD -- if two choices are otherwise completely equal (eg two roaches wanting to move into the same square, two decoys both exactly the same distance from a creature), the oldest one wins. That goes back even to when the architect was placing monsters in the editor (although rooms which depend heavily on design-time placement order are pretty bad form).

That said:

08-17-2006 at 03:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Songsmith
Rank Points: 38
Thanks Tuttle, jbluestein :D Finally got it!!

[Last edited by Songsmith at 08-18-2006 09:49 AM]
08-18-2006 at 09:48 AM
terrafire123
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15

File: BatSS The Kings Hidden Labyrinth 1E Victory.demo (8.8 KB)
Downloaded 19 times.
License: Public Domain
I know I'm late, but....

[Last edited by terrafire123 at 05-30-2023 12:04 AM]
08-15-2017 at 09:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com