Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 North, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 North, 1 East (0)  
WHOA :w00t

Must be an obvious method of attack ... warrants another serious look ... maybe to early in the day ... brain is not in full gear yet ... later :cool
05-11-2006 at 11:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ChrisB
Rank Points: 58
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 North, 1 East (+1)  
wiseoldman wrote:
WHOA :w00t

Must be an obvious method of attack ... warrants another serious look ... maybe to early in the day ... brain is not in full gear yet ... later :cool

As afirst pointer I would say that there are a fair few bits of crumbly wall - they are there for a purpose and need to worked into your route around the room.

Click here to view the secret text

Hope this may help you to complete or at least get someway into the room. If in doubt try to work out your route from the end and work backwards. Heck! what am I saying - you've reached level 24 and probably know this.

More dteailed help if required.

Chris

05-11-2006 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
wiseoldman
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 North, 1 East (0)  
Thanks for the tip ... Only problem is the blue barrier as I was hoping to get into the 2E from this room as those babies overwhelm me when I enter from the south (into 2E).

Yes, I am in 24th level but only due to some excellent help along the way. :D

I may get back to this room shortly as I sure am stuck in 1S and so far none of the tips & hints there are helping me get the queen in the SW snake pen :o(

[Last edited by wiseoldman at 05-12-2006 09:53 PM]
05-12-2006 at 09:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
Trapdoor puzzles are actually usually quite easy for me, espicially in open areas. First, figure out where the crumbly walls are and then run through the thing clockwise to knock everything out. The fact that you can diagonal makes these a lot easier. Ever played Zelda?

Anyway, You do exit through the south trough the green door. Just kill that roachy. Also, save big areas for last. It helps a lot.
05-12-2006 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wiseoldman
Like many holds, I printed out a copy of the layout. Once I did that and sat down for about 3 minutes it was obvious where the route to success was located ... many thanks to those that suggested tips & hints :fun

Now on to 2E from the NW entrance ... :cool
05-13-2006 at 12:15 AM
sjschaffner
Rank Points: 30
This level has been a major frustration for me. I have completed 8-9 room and moving slowly to the end of the level. I am also lost as to the best route to take. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I not sure how to print out a room and make a map.

A description of the proper route would be helpful.
Thanks

I would like to finish all 25 levels but this level 24 is making me question whether it is worth the effort. A couple of difficult rooms in a level is fun, but this level is painfully difficult as there is no break.

[Last edited by sjschaffner at 08-24-2006 06:08 AM]
08-24-2006 at 06:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ChrisB
Rank Points: 58

File: JtRH Twenty-Fourth Level 1N1E Victory.demo (5.9 KB)
Downloaded 173 times.
License: Public Domain
sjschaffner wrote:
This level has been a major frustration for me. I have completed 8-9 room and moving slowly to the end of the level. I am also lost as to the best route to take. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I not sure how to print out a room and make a map.

A description of the proper route would be helpful.
Thanks

I would like to finish all 25 levels but this level 24 is making me question whether it is worth the effort. A couple of difficult rooms in a level is fun, but this level is painfully difficult as there is no break.

I actually quite like the trapdoor puzzles, especially when there is a very restricted number of options, or only one route. How to describe in more detail is difficult, but have attached my demo (nowhere nera the fastest or most economical) for reference.

Cheers
Chris

08-24-2006 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
The easiest way to get a map (assuming you're on Windows) is to press Alt-PrintScreen in DROD, then open MS Paint or something and go Edit | Paste. I just draw on the screenshot in a graphics app, but there's nothing to stop you printing it on paper and doing it that way.
08-26-2006 at 09:21 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Tuttle wrote:
The easiest way to get a map (assuming you're on Windows) is to press Alt-PrintScreen in DROD, then open MS Paint or something and go Edit | Paste. I just draw on the screenshot in a graphics app, but there's nothing to stop you printing it on paper and doing it that way.
The GNU Image Manipulation Program comes to mind for this.

Just take a screenshot (File > Acquire > Screen Shot..., then drag the target onto DROD's window), add a new transparent layer on top of it and you can draw and erase on it to your heart's content without damaging the actual screenshot... :)

np: Autechre - Hub (Chiastic Slide)

08-26-2006 at 09:57 AM
junglejane
Rank Points: 55
I do believe that this is my favorite room. It was just plain fun.
It required some forethought, but the path could be seen without
frustration. My thanks to the designer,
:thumbsup

And How and Where and Who..... Rudyard Kipling
01-28-2017 at 02:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 North, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com