Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Unoffical release of King Dugan's Dungeon for JtRH (Unoffical release of King Dugan's Dungeon for JtRH)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
patmo98
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 39
IP: Logged

File: King Dugans Dungeon.hold (145.4 KB)
Downloaded 204 times.
License: Other
icon Unoffical release of King Dugan's Dungeon for JtRH (+2)  
This release of King Dugan's Dungeon SHOULD allow you keep your saved games and demos from DROD:AE. All you need to do is: First, backup your data files. Second, import this hold. Last, import your most recent player file that you exported from DROD:AE. It won't remember that you have compleated the hold even if you have, but all you need to do is restore the last room and walk down the last stairs.

Note: There is no way that I can use the ending from DROD:AE.

[Edited by patmo98 at Local Time:05-05-2005 at 03:11 PM]
05-05-2005 at 06:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
minhtuan
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Unoffical release of King Dugan's Dungeon for JtRH (+1)  
:thumbsup
Thanks. I am longing for playing KDD in JtRH. With nice graphics, JtRH is definitely better. Many thanks for Erik and the whole team who bring this wonderful games to life!
And I prefer the dead sound of JtRH over the DROD: AE. Not "Oewwwh" anymore :D, it startled... And no "Hahah" every move when I try getting out of a tar room. My next-room-mates starts talking about all the strange sounds they heard :~(
05-05-2005 at 11:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
SuperV
Rank Points: 34
icon Re: Unoffical release of King Dugan's Dungeon for JtRH (0)  
And the neather works???

SuperV hint : BUY JTRH!
05-06-2005 at 10:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
I've tried my own anyone editable version of KDD and yes, Neather works even when I play in the editor.
05-06-2005 at 10:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
SuperV
Doom wrote:
I've tried my own anyone editable version of KDD and yes, Neather works even when I play in the editor.

YOU HAVE A EDITABLE VERSION???

05-06-2005 at 11:18 AM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
You can get it by completing KDD in DROD:AE. Then you can import it into JtRH and it works perfectly. Of course that's not important when the official remake is released :)
05-06-2005 at 11:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
SuperV
Doom wrote:
You can get it by completing KDD in DROD:AE. Then you can import it into JtRH and it works perfectly. Of course that's not important when the official remake is released :)

Im too newbie... Level 8 of KDD and level 8 of JTRH.

Level 8 :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown
Level 9 :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

05-06-2005 at 11:43 AM
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
In drod Ae, You can't export kdd.You can only create a copy of it. And when you copy it, the neather breaks.(doesn't move)

05-06-2005 at 05:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
And yet, if you import a hold containing the Neather into JtRH, it works again. Movement rules for the Neather (and sounds!) are still built into the JtRH engine, and unlike in AE, they run correctly for any copy of KDD level 25. But the Neather is not a scripted character, it's still a unique monster with its own special case behavior.
05-06-2005 at 06:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
patmo98
schep wrote:
And yet, if you import a hold containing the Neather into JtRH, it works again. Movement rules for the Neather (and sounds!) are still built into the JtRH engine, and unlike in AE, they run correctly for any copy of KDD level 25.

I think it beaks if you chenge the level's name.
05-06-2005 at 09:14 PM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
No, I think it breaks if you put the 'Neather in a room whose coordinates don't exist on level 25 in KDD (such as the 'Neather in Bad Evil Restaurant). The 'Neather in Golbeno's Guard Room moves in JtRH.

That reminds me, I have to give Maurog his three points, and I should make that compilation hold someday...

[Edited by mrimer at Local Time:05-07-2005 at 07:17 PM: tweaking]

05-06-2005 at 09:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
minhtuan
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
For all who hasn't finished KDD, you may have to re-play some levels. Perhaps we should only import KDD when we have finished it?
05-07-2005 at 07:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
patmo98
minhtuan wrote:
For all who hasn't finished KDD, you may have to re-play some levels. Perhaps we should only import KDD when we have finished it?
I think you should only have to replay the rooms in which the behavure of monsters was changed.
05-07-2005 at 03:58 PM
robin
Rank Points: 842
Does anyone know why there no score for KDD,
they won't upload.
Or do I just have to wait for the official release?
Because I started this version, and I'm not planning to start (again) all over again. (lost 3 AE's, so I finished it for 4 times now :blush )

05-24-2005 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
CaravelNet only deals with high scores for holds posted to the Holds board, the JtRH hold, and the upcoming Smitemaster's Selection holds. Holds shared on the Architecture board or by other means neither count for high scores nor upload demos for viewing on CaravelNet. So yes, wait for the official KDD upgrade.
05-24-2005 at 05:16 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Unoffical release of King Dugan's Dungeon for JtRH (Unoffical release of King Dugan's Dungeon for JtRH)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com